• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which look do you prefer... Modern or Traditional

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like camo BUT black is easier to care for as far as touch ups.

You need to go to the paint and resto forum and look up Behr paint threads.

You need to get title and regi prior to all your upgrades.

Gamble

I like camo BUT black is easier to care for as far as touch ups.

You need to go to the paint and resto forum and look up Behr paint threads.

You need to get title and regi prior to all your upgrades.
I believe I now have all of that worked out.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do what you want, all that bling can go in the scrap pile in the future when it's time for a proper restoration. Just don't apply that awful rhino coating. I spent a week once removing that rust encapsulating crap from a GPA.

Gamble

Do what you want, all that bling can go in the scrap pile in the future when it's time for a proper restoration. Just don't apply that awful rhino coating. I spent a week once removing that rust encapsulating crap from a GPA.
What about coating the floor or doing some sound dampening inside. I want to be able to hold a conversation in the vehicle.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about coating the floor or doing some sound dampening inside. I want to be able to hold a conversation in the vehicle.
Lizard Skin Sound followed by Lizard Skin Heat. Then traditional or aftermarket floor sound deadening mats.

IMHO, Dynamat is heavy, expensive, and might eventually pull loose. It is great for car show stereo systems that will no longer be show quality 2 years later. I like the stuff for show car stereos, but not vehicles that will be used for many years and vehicles that leak water like a sieve.

Lizard Skin can be painted. It is water soluble and they sell a spray on kit so you won't mess up your paint equipment.

I am planning on spraying it in and on my vehicle this Summer, COVID-19 permitting.

I am not a Lizard Skin rep, I just like the stuff.

Best,

T

Last edited:

Ajax MD

I'm in it partially for the military history so, traditional for me.

There are nearly endless military variations of the HMMWV because it is so versatile especially if you include clever and resourceful field modifications. Even staying "traditional" there are enough options to satisfy most people.

The HMMWV is my generation's Jeep.

DREDnot

The "holding a conversation" thing cracks me up. Then seeing dynamat on the cargo floor. That's not where most of the noise is coming from. Id invest in an intercom system. Im doing a VIC1 system for the military look, but a better option for you would be an aviation style setup that is cheaper, smaller, and you can aux jack or Bluetooth tunes into also

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks