• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which steering wheel?

sed6

The steering wheel in my '83 M925 is cracked to death (pictured) and I want to replace it. Many of the replacement steering wheels I find are of a slightly different style and size. Think the horn hardware from my horn will fit the different style?

I wonder which wheel would be original to my truck? Which do you have? Which do you prefer?

Thanks!

2016-04-16 06.41.00.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stick w/ original wheel dimension , 20" wheel for trucks equipped w/ power steering, 22" wheel for deuce( no power steering). Horn will fit correctly also.

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Csm Davis, I purchased one of these steering wheels two years ago and I couldn't be any happier. A very big improvement on the original design with the rubberized grip[thumbzup]

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Make sure the spline dia and count is correct. I found one like that on ebay, nos, OD green plastic (no paint), it was the 2" smaller than deuce wheel (maybe 20?, same dia a 5 ton/ v100). Still had the mold release powder... Same horn. MFG name on back. Spline was different, and just by a little. I can't remember exactly but was like 1/16 smaller (major) and 2 less spline count than the deuce/ 5 ton. Dd some research and fit a bunch of 50's or 60's medium trucks, don't remember what, maybe was IH and/ or Chevy. It was cheap enough (50?). I put it back on e bay sold for it for about 90.

sed6

I haven't measured mine (top) but I believe it's 20" and the bottom one is 18" and rubberized.

goldneagle

I think the M35 uses a 20" not a 22". The 5 ton uses the same spline pattern and the wheel is 18" not 20". CSM Davis got the one I recommended (same as mine) I used the same steering wheel on 2 M923 trucks. Love them! I got mine from C & C for under $150 each.