• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which steering wheel?

sed6

The steering wheel in my '83 M925 is cracked to death (pictured) and I want to replace it. Many of the replacement steering wheels I find are of a slightly different style and size. Think the horn hardware from my horn will fit the different style?

I wonder which wheel would be original to my truck? Which do you have? Which do you prefer?

Thanks!

2016-04-16 06.41.00.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stick w/ original wheel dimension , 20" wheel for trucks equipped w/ power steering, 22" wheel for deuce( no power steering). Horn will fit correctly also.

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Csm Davis, I purchased one of these steering wheels two years ago and I couldn't be any happier. A very big improvement on the original design with the rubberized grip[thumbzup]

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Make sure the spline dia and count is correct. I found one like that on ebay, nos, OD green plastic (no paint), it was the 2" smaller than deuce wheel (maybe 20?, same dia a 5 ton/ v100). Still had the mold release powder... Same horn. MFG name on back. Spline was different, and just by a little. I can't remember exactly but was like 1/16 smaller (major) and 2 less spline count than the deuce/ 5 ton. Dd some research and fit a bunch of 50's or 60's medium trucks, don't remember what, maybe was IH and/ or Chevy. It was cheap enough (50?). I put it back on e bay sold for it for about 90.

sed6

I haven't measured mine (top) but I believe it's 20" and the bottom one is 18" and rubberized.

goldneagle

I think the M35 uses a 20" not a 22". The 5 ton uses the same spline pattern and the wheel is 18" not 20". CSM Davis got the one I recommended (same as mine) I used the same steering wheel on 2 M923 trucks. Love them! I got mine from C & C for under $150 each.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks