• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

which tire you would prefer

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Evening together

So, I finally decided on the Super Swamper RXM-32. And also in shipping to the car. In the hope that fits everything still in the car.

The following reasons:
1.) I definitely need spare tires when I pick up the truck. Whether on the rim or not.
2.) Why take the same tires that are already on the 8-bolt rims. That is boring.
3.) Why then no official bad MudTires? Simply because I have now bought five (for the five 24-bolt) and want to drive the RXM as daily. Also because I want to drive the 24-bolt as daily. If I then still want to have full bang MudTerrains then I can always pull the 8-bolt rims.

Thank you very much for your help. And if I do not totally forget it I will write you to these tires and to those that are currently on it also my opinion here.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you're saying it has a set of the old 8 bolt rims with it?
Those are only rated to 25psi. not all that strong.
You might want to get another set of 24 bolt, or at least a set of 12 bolt rims, and throw the 8 bolts in the scrap pile.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There’s good news for Soldiers driving HMMWVs, or High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles, on icy and snowy roads. It’s called the BF Goodrich KO2 tire with a three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) rating, a symbol branded on a tire's sidewall indicating the product meets required performance criteria to be considered severe-snow service-rated.
Has there been any sign that these tires are actually for sale? I would love to replace the Wranglers with a set of KO2 tires in stock size.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did i see the result of "tire Rack" right... nothing aviable? I tryed some zip codes across the country.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you're saying it has a set of the old 8 bolt rims with it?
Those are only rated to 25psi. not all that strong.
You might want to get another set of 24 bolt, or at least a set of 12 bolt rims, and throw the 8 bolts in the scrap pile.
To be honest. I do not know yet on which rims exactly my car stands. 8, 12 or 24 bolt... I will have to wait until he is out of the depot.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
10 years ago back when I was still buying 16.5’s I was told that BFG only ran 16.5 tires once or twice a year. I think they only made 16.5 in A/T back then IIRC.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To be honest. I do not know yet on which rims exactly my car stands. 8, 12 or 24 bolt... I will have to wait until he is out of the depot.
You say it's an M1123; they stopped using 8 bolt rims long before the 1123s were made, so it's extremely unlikely to be 8 bolt. At minimum it should be 12 bolt, and you might end up with a mix of 12 and 24 bolt at worst.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don’t see 37x12.5x16.5 anywhere. So I’m back to my question. Are these tires actually available for the HMMWV yet?
There is no NSN yet. But you can have 70 different sizes, just not in R16.5
Call BF Goodrich ......ask why not
To improve tactical wheeled vehicle mobility in severe winter areas, Col. Adam Lange, Deputy Commander of Sustainment in Alaska, who uses KO2s on his privately owned vehicle, said he wants to see HMMWVs equipped with KO2s prior to next winter. (end of 2021)
“I’d like to have NSNs [National Stock Numbers] for these tires by October, so they can be ordered and available for use by winter,” Lange said.
Not only are KO2s 3PMSF rated, they are also all-season tires.

Attachments

Hammer

I have 37" K02s on my Jeep and love them! They are actually VERY good in bad weather. I air them down to about 8psi and with full lockers front/rear, the Jeep just flat out GOES in snow! Even the really deep stuff.
I would honestly love to have a pair of these for my M1123. I would keep two sets of tires, the K02s for the bulk of driving, and Bajas, or maybe some superswamper TSL/SX for off road stuff.
Btw, I consider the TSL/SX an awesome tire for heavier rigs wanting more traction. I had them before on a different vehicle and regret getting rid of them.

Hummer Guy

I hate to be a bummer but I would wait until I actually had possession of my trucks before spending allot of cash, on another post here you will see one member only getting a refund after MANY months of waiting, there will be plenty of time as you sort out all the problems that come with the trucks to begin with.
Yea, I saw that, but saw it a little too late, I got so many parts stored waiting for it

Hummer Guy

Frauhansen, I am concerned.

Exporting a vehicle to Europe is a process. HMMWV’s are considered weapons. Export is highly regulated. You need to go through a qualified exporter.

If I recall correctly, you can’t just buy one and have it sent to Switzerland. All this money you’re spending before you get the rig is potentially wasted.

What steps have you gone through to confirm that you will be able to legally ship your vehicle to Switzerland and be able to take possession of the vehicle once it arrives?

Just winning an auction does not ensure you will get to keep the vehicle once they find out that it is destined for export to a foreign nation. You can lose the vehicle AND all your money.

Just an FYI.
I actually didn't know you can export these when you get it from govplanet

AAVP7

They even have a European website. Hmmwvs are on it....
Govplanet.eu
HMMWVs might be on it, but you simply can´t buy Humvees from Govplanet in Europe. They are only sold in the United States to U.S. citizens.

We Europeans have to go through a U.S. based licensed exporter, who has to get an export license for each individual truck and the individual person from the Department of Commerce. I guess you can be sure that we are checked with much more scrutiny than any U.S. citizen ;-)
Also, with all the agencies involved in an export, it´s no wonder that prices overhere are easily double compared to the U.S..

And some things like slantback roofs have recently been banned from export completely.

Last edited:

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to bring weapons and stuffs like from America, but sometimes I feel it would be easier to import an F-35 than buying a fuel filter for a humvee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks