• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who am I?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back in the infancy of the 21st century Steel Soldiers had a forum dictator.

The question that remains is; are you adminning from your smart phone?

3dAngus

Yeah, I figured that ole geek was on the job as soon as we heard we had a new webmaster and he had 100K members on other sites with VbAdvanced software.

Good Show me Cap-e-tan'! Take er away!

3dAngus

Not him, but my personal observations of posts indicated he may be the most qualified for the job. I would have hired him.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So how did you go from average SS member, to administrator?
I've previously administered cumminsforum.com and a half dozen other vBulletin forums over the past years. I had offered to help in the past. Chris (steelsoldiers - owner) recently reached out to me asking for help.

A little personal info. I've been in IT since 2000. In my real job, I support a major metro Atlanta hospital system. So I deal with 12,000+ users on a daily basis and a lot of hardware I'm responsible for. I've supported all the variants of windows, I work on a hybrid HPUX/Redhat cluster, have a few boxes running OSX (even boxes that don't have a apple emblem on them :D ). I also have to work with novell as well. I've probably dabbled in it if it's anything computer related in the past decade.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think what PATRACY is saying is that his qualifications lay in his experience administering sites such as this, combined with his knowledge of the hobby, and not so much about his post count. Makes sense to me. Welcome and congrats.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
All computers are agents of Satan.

Just go off the phone with New DELLie tech support after being on hold **** for 30 minutes.

I'd pay 1000 bucks for a computer made and supported by Americans.

It's not even my Dell....they broke me of the habit when my Dell laptop went FUBAR.

PC...your expertise will be appreciated.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PLUS, he recently purchased a running, driving, stopping 5ton wrecker!:beer:

Whew....I thought i was gonna have to dream up some stuff to draw the admin out:shock:

HanksDeuce

A while back, sombody offered to help with the site software. I forget his username, but he had like a Chihuahua with a wig avatar. That you?
That was me. I offered on 4 or 5 different threads to help fix this website for free.

I WAS NEVER CONTACTED. Oh well.

Admin, quit playing around and fix the **** website already. I could have built a brand new website, TMs, classifieds section, blah blah blah in less than a week.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That was me. I offered on 4 or 5 different threads to help fix this website for free.

Admin, quit playing around and fix the **** website already. I could have built a brand new website, TMs, classifieds section, blah blah blah in less than a week.
FWIW, I haven't asked for anything either.

I've worked on the site in the past two days. Look around. TM's are back, classifieds are redone, some issues users didn't know about are fixed, I *think* the redirect is taken care of, I've patched a few applications as well.

I've put several hours in the site already. I can assure you, I'm not resting on my laurels.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Man, you sound a little bitter. Build a better site this week and maybe we'll all join up.

Why is it so bad to NOT be an admin or mod? I love being a nothing and laughing at the BS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks