• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

who is bidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdMontana

Re: RE: Re: RE: who is bidding

MoAllen said:
Just close the tread, I was in the army for 26 years was medicaly retired , blown apart and dont want to hear any more rules, sorry I brought it up , but how about this I am new here, I dont want to hear how some one else cost me three months pay. clam down, I have been through worse. forget I ever said anything . It was a hour after med were taken. night to all my fellow veterans.
Master Sergeant Mims
Hello Allen,

You are not the first and will not be the last one, it's hard for anyone to read rules and instructions....also, don't take it personal as most of the discussion was not about you but about the rule itself....very interesting thread and I myself learn something again.

Don't forget that you always can come back and "edit" your post.

Regards,

Ed

MoAllen

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: who is bidding

Hi Ed,
You are right, but I don't want to be the one that everyone remembers this thread about Ha Ha The new dumb guy:)
Allen

nf6x

Feral Engineer
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: who is bidding

Everybody gets their turn as "Ha Ha the new dumb guy!". But it's all good; even the old timers who know it all don't know everything. ;)

ford381stroker

I a partially at fault for this. I bid his auction up last week unintentionally because I was after the rig he wanted. If I had known he wanted it, I would have left it alone.

I have been to tons of auctions and when two guys are friends and are next to each other they don't bid one another up. They just decide who wants what. No values are placed on any items and they just don't bid each other up out of courtesy.

Nothing wrong with that. No one is trying to keep the bids low, just trying to get the best deal possbile. There are plenty of other people out there (not on this forum) to bid the prices up.

My 2 cents.

Elwenil

Actually, I'm sure what you are describing would be considered bid fixing, especially by the auction company. Just because "it's between friends" does not make it legal.

scooter01922

:ditto: Thats why the rule is in place, that would be considered bid collusion. What you do in private conversations is your own business( email, PM, phone call...) but on an open public forum that can get you in really deep doo doo. Not that they can't come after you if you are discussing those things on your own, but then the site isn't involved.

ford381stroker

I understand after reading this thread that it can be taken as "fixing". All the old "farm auctions" i grew up going to that was just "business as normal".

I personally love having military vehicles and will continue to bid on military vehicles in and around Springfield, MO. I want to fill the driveway!

So, bidder beware. If you are bidding on a Deuce, M1008 or M1028 I will be too.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.