• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who made M35A2's in 1986?

Blythewoodjoe

I have picked up a new truck from GL and it appears to be a 1986 model. Anybody know who had the contract to produce them that year? It doesn't have any manufacturers info on the data plate. I need this to try and get a title.

Also this truck has a customs paper in the windshield that says it was cleared to enter the country. It was coming from Kuwait and arriving in "USA". Can I assume the truck was shipped back from Kuwait recently? It had a radio in it at one point because the antenia and speaker where still there.

Joe Trapp

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Who made M35A2

We can't help you until we see some pics!

nopics

:p

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who made M35A2

gimpyrobb said:
Are we gonna "bob" this one in a weekend at Aberdeen!? :drool:
Heck no! This truck is too nice. It may only have 7000 miles on it. I don't know if that is good or not though. 7000 miles in 20 years is a lot of sitting. I'll probably sell it. I don't need it, I just want it. I just couldn't let it be given away, unless it was being given to me :wink:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who made M35A2

Just messin with ya, I would hope you keep it like it is. I saw it has speakers for the drive-in! I think that hole is for the IR lights.

Blythewoodjoe

emmado22 said:
The bumper is an A3 bumper... Also, no stone guard on the grill.. Got a pic of the data plate?
I can take some more pictures of the interior. It also has a wiper washer tank. I can't get it to squirt. New radiator too. I wonder if it just came back from Kuwait if that will effect how it was set up. It's a list taped to the door about combat equipment. I will take some pictures of that tomorrow. I will also take a picture of the shipping paper that was on the windshield.

houdel

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who made M35A2

Blythewoodjoe said:
What's up with the hole in the bumper?
Don't know about Kuwait, but here in Michigan that hole in the bumper would be a great place to mount a deer whistle!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Joe, that is a beautiful truck, but I strongly doubt it is a mid-80s truck. First, as Mark (EMMADO22) stated, it does not have the stone grill. This was standard on all later trucks. Also, it has the space for the electric horn. I'd say this is an older truck that was REBUILT in 1986. Either way, the truck is clean. The year should not mean much...except when titling it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Joe, post up the numbers from the frame, should be able to get an idea from that as far as original mfr year.

Blythewoodjoe

It's raining out so I am not going out to get the number from the frame. I took a picture of it but it didn't come out. Here's a few pictrue of the wacky stuff in the truck. The first two pictures are what's attached to the drivers door. The 3rd one was in a pouch on the windshield.

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

From the VIN on the paperwork, 0125-30215, the truck was built in 1967 (MAYBE 1968 - don't have my notes with me). Nevertheless, it looks like it is in great shape!

Congrats!

David Doyle

justsomeguy

It was built by Jeep in 1967. The 175 Maint Co came back from Kuwait in '04, according to Google. The funny thing is on the shipping Doc/sticker it's listed as a AN/ASM146 electronics shelter(M146 van). When it came back it must have gone to DRMO.

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who made M35A2

justsomeguy said:
The funny thing is on the shipping Doc/sticker it's listed as a AN/ASM146 electronics shelter(M146 van).
Well, actually, it had the little shelter hold it in place eye bolt things on each side of the bed. I removed them so I could put troop seats in it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just for curiosity, What is the registration number. It should be the first group of numbers and letters on the dash plate and it should be written inside the doors.