• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

who out here has a Pinzgauer

Boelt63A

Vince Welcome again.
Now that I see your other vehicle we seem to be in the same place at the same time with some regularity. I spotted the K outside of my gym a few weeks ago and have noticed your truck there since then.

You chose wisely. [thumbzup]

Chuck

krick3tt

pinz owner

I just found out this site had a pinz section. I always thought it was for US iron, glad to see this part.
I have been posting on the pinz forum for years and the SoCal pinz site for a few also. I just moved to the great Northwest and am located in Suquamish, WA. Not many pinz people that I know of so far. If any of you are in the area, let me know. I am new here and do not even know the places I can go to camp, although there have got to be some great areas relatively close.
It was a real interesting time at the licensing office, no cross reference on their books for Pinzgauer so I had to get it weighed for the tags. It weighs out at 4480 lb without the spare and tools.
I think I have found a group up here to eventually wheel with but it is a Land Rover group that has, I believe, been very accepting of other 4x's.
I started with a Unimog 404 that I had for 4 years before getting the pinz, the Mog was great therapy and I learned a lot about old military vehicles and their comfort level. Noisy, lousy gas milage and the best fun I ever had in my life.

Morris,
710M, M416 trailer

undysworld

RE: pinz owner

Ditto just finding the Pinz section. Happy Thanksgiving Day. I've got a '76 712M that I bought in '02. I'm west of Madison. Love the truck. The repairs have been manageable and reasonably affordable (you know...). Everybody loves it. Most capable truck I've ever owned, period. The only problem is with Wisconsin DOT cancelling our plates/titles this past Sept. (See posting elsewhere on this board - Wis DOT) Can't wait to get it legal again. I'll celebrate Thanksgiving Day when I get my truck back on the road.

dc3coyote

I love my Pinz I have a 712amb (6x6 ambulance)
First trip off road in a sandpit I managed to tip it only damage done was a broken front window and I ripped out 3 of the 4 helo lift points before just chaining the front bumper to a trac hoe. I will post pics in a couple weeks.
If anybody has a good or cheap glass guy I would appreciate it since that will definatleynot be the last time it is on its side it was too much fun!
Do not let that scare you from one if you are interested in one I was on the side of a 65 degree sandpit and it only tipped when I took a hand off the wheel to buckle my seat belt.
On the good side it started right up without and hassle.
Thanks
Branan
new MV addict this stuff is worse than crack!!

Boelt63A

Branan,

If in florida we could use you to once again tip the scales in favor of the pinz crowd at the upcoming 2d annual Florida MV Treffen(Roundup) in central Florida, Feb 08.

Hope you get the beast fixed for that little adventure
rofl :wink:

Chuck

krick3tt

I bought my pinz (73 710M) three years ago October. Love the machine. Owned a 62 Unimog 404 for four years, built it up from a POS to a real beaut. Sold it for less than I had in it, great therapy, always a head turner. So is the pinz. In SoCal I had lots of fun in the desert, now that I am in WA I have to fix a few leaks. I am amazed by the interest in the machine when I go someplace, I have not seen other pinzies here, but I have only been in WA for two months.
Bought her from Expedition Imports in Velijo, CA..great crew there, stand up guys. Help me with parts and even registered it in CA for me when I bought it. I found this site through a friend, Mike POP in NV, met at a Mogfest. I got a M416 trailer to go with the pinz for camping when the sun finds it's way into the sky this summer. Will get a rooftop tent for the trailer so I dont have to travel alone, wife likes some comfort, and she deserves it. We were thinking of a trip to Alaska in a year or so. I want the comfort too.
Morris
710M, M416 trailer

bulldawg

Well, I know this is an old thread but maybe some others will post about their new toys now. My first trip offroad I pulled a 4ft high toyota out of a mud (clay) hole only to find out it was lifted about six inches and had 35" plus tires. We made a straight piece of metal out of his tow hook but finally got it out. Not bad for an old ambulance. LOL

LibTimothy

Wow.... I was reading along when I realized I was going to get bitten by the really old forum fairy again.....

So, I will not make a fool of myself.... (Hey, there's a first time for everything!!)

I love my Pinz. Bulldawg, sounds like you had a blast showing what the old Pinz was designed to do... Amaze everyone.

Do you know TeaxsPinz? He is in Houston somewhere.

Timothy

glengar

I have a 710K Radio/Command truck that I use with the Md Defense Force which is part of the Md Military Dept
I have 524, VHF & UHF mobiles all working thru a VIC-1
GREAT Vehicle!

Mac53

I know this thread is pretty old ...but 710M here in Durham! I haven't had to replace any serious parts yet, so hopefully my love for the vehicle won't turn into love\hate.

bulldawg

Welcome to the Funny Farm. LOL

We don't seem to talk much here, having too much fun playing with our Pinz.

I drive a 712 amb and there are at least 2 more 712m's in this area. One really rare 710k here too.

If you ever get down around Houston give us a shout. Always looking for more Pinz people to run with.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks