• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who pulls trailers regularly?

jamesfrom180

Traded the tandem civi trailer in for a friends single axle to better fit load and save on tolls. 300 mi. trip was no problem the last 50 ft. where I needed to back up to turn around a pain in the but. I am by far one of the better in my family with trailers, boats, toy haulers, work, but that little trailer kicked my but. :driver:

aaron379

I made a couple hundred bucks off my platoon Sgt and platoon leader in back to back years at annual training by backing trailers.

One year it was backing an M116 while using an M1037. The next year they upped the ante on me and gave me a deuce and M105.

I had to back both of them down this little trail with trees on both sides and one tree right at the bottom. (Why the trailers were needed to be put there is still a mystery) They both tried and neither of them could do it. Is I was walking by (the first year) , I was joking as I walked by and said how much if I can do it? Deal was made and I did it in one shot. Both their jaws were on the ground.

The next year, I did not have to joke. I was called in from the start. Deal was made for me to have a day off if I could do it. said I would need to do one pull up as the area was tight for the truck. I did it as requested, they just looked at me in awe. Only thing bad about showing people up like that is they expect you to teach everyone else how to do it as well.

Funny thing is where I keep my trailer should be a sort of easy place, but my dad wants it right up against a wall, that takes a few tries to get it right where he wants it.

Also, aaron379. If you could how about some closer pics/ dimensions, I know a few people who could use them.
sure will Ill post them in a few minutes

Darwin T

i have both an M105a2 and M105a3. i know this is not an option for everyone, but the M105a3 is wider than a deuce. when i was headed back from Red River Army Depot with the M105a3 i got blocked in in a gas station. i thought i was boned, but it back up great. the landing gear is crap, but the rest is great. with my M105a2 i was trying to back it into a narrow driveway around a corner and my neighbor (after he and my x-wife quite laughing long enought to talk) slid a 2x4 sideways into the bed so i could tell before the trailer turned so much i would have to pull forwards again. after that first try and i was there. my x still laughs about that after 2 1/2 years, and now i can to aua. now i use my M1028 to back the trailers down the driveway, much easier:driver:.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not as clever as the flag but I always keep my endgate on the left side of the trailer. It sticks out enough so that I can get an eye on it. I can also see the lugnuts of the trailer if you look low.

steelandcanvas

Not as clever as the flag but I always keep my endgate on the left side of the trailer. It sticks out enough so that I can get an eye on it. I can also see the lugnuts of the trailer if you look low.
Ahhhhh, the old "covert " trailer locater. I don't put my endgate on the left side for that purpose, but I will from now on.

R Racing

Try having to back this into the neighborhood at night about 600 ft, and onto another road at a 90, to get to ur cultisac. because the neighborhood used ur cultisac to pile there storm damage debris for pickup by the county, that they at the last min decided to wait another week because of heavy rain.

Attachments