• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who pulls trailers regularly?

GHILL55

I just pulled home my new 12 ton flatbed (M127A) with a military dolly (M197A1),
so far I've logged 650 miles pulling that set up.
NOTE: dolly / pup trailers are nigh on impossible to back up easily.
My solution was to add a 12 ton pintle hitch to the front bumper, now maneuvering is a breeze and I can "back " it anywhere I want.
P.S. I'm building a sheepherder wagon on the trailer.

sandcobra164

I pull my M105A2 everywhere and tie chem lights onto the back corners when I have to back at night. Someone found an expiration date on a pile of them that my unit had and they were about to throw them out. They still work fine, just don't burn all night. In daylight, I work the wheel one way till I just see the trailer and then slowly to the other way. If you see alot of the trailer, time to pull forward.

eagle4g63

aaron: Absolutely a thing of beauty!!! I have to make me one of those. I have been using my 105 a lot since I got it(more than I thought)

I see I also need to get me a front pintle!!

RealCavDog

Am SOOO thinking of the front pintle on the NEW purchase ! How easy is that for the odd situations I am always encountering !

A set of the rear flags covers the rest ! Great thread ! 2 BIG A** birds, one read !

Thanks ! Jay [thumbzup] :jumpin:

GHILL55

A) I can't take a forklift everywhere I go or camping in the mountains.
B) Backing up trailers hooked to the bumper is one thing - pretty easy.
I've got 4 regular trailers that I tow w/ my 3/4 ton.
BUT, a trailer with a dolly is a whole new challenge and skill to master.
The front pintle hitch is any easy solution for dolly pups and turntable trailers, a trick an old farmer taught me.