• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who won what on 12 NOV?

mbarber84

Did anyone get one of these and whats under the cover? They were in Peoria Ill I think. I didnt bid on them just curious what was under the cover since it was listed as just a trailer.

Ditto! Does ANYONE know what was under the tarp? I get the feeling it was one of those lucky mismarked buys that end up being worth a fortune. There has to be a member here who can identify those things!

mckeeranger

Okay, I guess I'm the bozo who won the M373A2 trailer out of Dayton...... ;-)

The boss isn't too happy about it either. What the heck are you going to do with a 30 foot long tactical trailer she says?

Fortunately it's only about 13 or 14 miles from my house. now I just have to figure out how to get it home since I don't have a tractor.

But it was only $690 and I'm laughing all the way to the credit union. Woohoo!!
Tell her not to worry. There are some M818s coming up for auction at Fort Knox. ;-)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ditto! Does ANYONE know what was under the tarp? I get the feeling it was one of those lucky mismarked buys that end up being worth a fortune. There has to be a member here who can identify those things!
I ventured a guess the other night that it was a perimeter surviellence system. They mount those on those type of trailers. Bottom line is I doubt it was something that should have been sold to the public.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ventured a guess the other night that it was a perimeter surviellence system. They mount those on those type of trailers. Bottom line is I doubt it was something that should have been sold to the public.
Honey, there's a letter from Government Liquidation in the mail for you...

greenjeepster

I think it is just a 30 KW generator, nothing special.

I bid on the 109 at Richmond but only so I could see the bid history on it after it closed. Almost made the biggest mistake of my life on it though, I went to click the confirm bid and noticed I had entered 12,041.... :oops: That was close.

skark_burmer

I got a heater in washington.
Got beat out on the MEP-362 and the 1031 in Minot. I was allllmost ready to keep fighting for the 1031 but the drive was the deciding factor.

M1075

Picked up 2 of the M-871 trailers at Hooks. Approx $650 each, after fees.

Now, my question is will they stack them so I can haul them both home at once?

Andy
Sounds like you got a good buy on the trailers. I was told these were in a "remote" location and they would not be stacking them. Only "hook and go". I got 2 myself and will need to figure something out.

Andy1234

Sounds like you got a good buy on the trailers. I was told these were in a "remote" location and they would not be stacking them. Only "hook and go". I got 2 myself and will need to figure something out.
How far of a drive is it for you?

Could you bring your wrecker and dolly to stack them (and mine:-D) and then tow them back?

Andy

Andy & James,
I was wanting to bid on the trailers at Hooks also. The lady from GL said they are approx 7 miles off base at a remote location and didn't seem inclined about stacking them as I was looking to purchase 2 also. I hope you can find somebody thats willing to help. Good deal on the trailers though as some of them looked pretty nice. Have a good weekend guys
Andy

m35_military_parts

The M818, while nice, went way too high. The same truck has been bringing between $3000 and $4800 for over a year now. Agreed...too rich for me, too. It would have been a nice get for like $4K.
I have a friend that bought the m818 out of VA. He wanted it bad, we are going to shorten it and put 48in tires on it. He already bought one 06 depot rebuild off me this year. You guys don't under stand it's a wave with the prices, I have been buying from GL since 03 and you see a pattern with the prices. It's all driven on supply and demand. I have sold 3 depot rebuild trucks for big bucks, Try to buy a nice civilian tractor thats 6x6 for less than 15K. We can cry about the prices, and say it sold for way to much, But GL has been selling trucks since 2001. The supply is running out. If you think $3000 is a lot for a truck 5 ton, or 2 1/2 ton then get into a different hobby that you can afford. I have sold 15 duces this year, and the cheapest one was $7,500. More people are seeing the military trucks at car shows or driving down the roads, and think their very cool and want one. All I can say is buy up the cheap trucks you can and sit on them for a year or so. The supply of 2 1/2 tons are drying up on GL, there are only 200 left to be sold by GL. This hobby is only going to get bigger, and there are only so many trucks. Please don't take offense to what I said I am just trying to be informative! :p

bassetdeuce

I have a friend that bought the m818 out of VA. He wanted it bad, we are going to shorten it and put 48in tires on it. He already bought one 06 depot rebuild off me this year. You guys don't under stand it's a wave with the prices, I have been buying from GL since 03 and you see a pattern with the prices. It's all driven on supply and demand. I have sold 3 depot rebuild trucks for big bucks, Try to buy a nice civilian tractor thats 6x6 for less than 15K. We can cry about the prices, and say it sold for way to much, But GL has been selling trucks since 2001. The supply is running out. If you think $3000 is a lot for a truck 5 ton, or 2 1/2 ton then get into a different hobby that you can afford. I have sold 15 duces this year, and the cheapest one was $7,500. More people are seeing the military trucks at car shows or driving down the roads, and think their very cool and want one. All I can say is buy up the cheap trucks you can and sit on them for a year or so. The supply of 2 1/2 tons are drying up on GL, there are only 200 left to be sold by GL. This hobby is only going to get bigger, and there are only so many trucks. Please don't take offense to what I said I am just trying to be informative! :p
I could care less about what they are worth. I'm keepin all mine. :beer: