• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who's gonna give this a try? :) (safe video)

rockDAWG

You meant this link:

I wouldn't try it on the river like that, but LMTV should be able to ford water far higher than this. It is a diesel engine, as long as the air take is higher than the water. ;)

PS: SS prevents the link show up

xxxx://@@@@.com/view?t=sBwvY_1594056907

Replace xxxx with https
Relace @@@@ with www.liveleak

Kbarnes0

You meant this link:

I wouldn't try it on the river like that, but LMTV should be able to ford water far higher than this. It is a diesel engine, as long as the air take is higher than the water. ;)

PS: SS prevents the link show up

xxxx://@@@@.com/view?t=sBwvY_1594056907

Replace xxxx with https
Relace @@@@ with www.liveleak
Looks like a good time. I can't say I'm ready to do that.... But I would, if the traffic was bad and I needed to get that crate of monkeys delivered.

coachgeo

sounds like the boaters were Russian....... truck folk do things like this there much more often than rest of world out of necessity. Judging by the front suspension bounce at the cab in the video.... doubt it was a flooded "road"........ though possibly a seasonally flooded "service road"? but looks mighty wide for any form of road.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most trucks can easily handle that. One could easily fab up a pressurized fording system if they were worried of water penetration of steering, crankcase,etc like done on the usmc trucks

Can be made up using common pipe fittings from home depot. Everything is sent to one central fitting section and receives air from the pressure protection side of the system

Attachments

rockDAWG

Most trucks can easily handle that. One could easily fab up a pressurized fording system if they were worried of water penetration of steering, crankcase,etc like done on the usmc trucks

Can be made up using common pipe fittings from home depot. Everything is sent to one central fitting section and receives air from the pressure protection side of the system
How much positive pressure should put in?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks