• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are my starter bolts coming loose??

nyoffroad

" It actually cracked the inspection cover on mine as well. Apparently these starters have a lot of torque. I have been told if you don't take care of it, it can crack the block. "
Yes it can, it can and will break the outer 'ear' off the block where the outer starter bolt threads into. and that is a lot of fun trying to fix!

Sganderson

" It actually cracked the inspection cover on mine as well. Apparently these starters have a lot of torque. I have been told if you don't take care of it, it can crack the block. "
Yes it can, it can and will break the outer 'ear' off the block where the outer starter bolt threads into. and that is a lot of fun trying to fix!
Just for fun, how would you fix that? I kind of assumed once that happened you’re up the creek on that block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks