• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are these not for sale on GL

ABN173

If you want a HMMWV check with CSI Vehicles; that's where I got mine...
Ok I went to their site I noticed there were no prices, also under their products and services page under vehicles and financing it says "click here" I saw no link that was clickable including the pictures themselves. Even if they are legitimate how are they able to sell hmmwv's to the public when we can't get them ourselves? It seems odd, fishy in fact.

edit: Ah ok they are an export company that explains a lot, but it does not explain how TC bought one? I may contact them and see what they can do.

Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

I'm pretty sure sure there are loopholes that make them allowable, I'm sure others more knowledgeable will chime in too. What I do know for sure is the new 1152/1165 with armor kits are not allowed now due to the wieght disbursion and the high roll-over rate. whenever we want to train with those they have t be low- boyed out. The old 998 or other unarmored variant we can drive wherever we want to go.

BLK HMMWV

m998's

My .02's worth and yes I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The original batch of HMMWV's that were sold at auction back in the early 90's were 85 86 87 year models. Thats it. Most were registered with DMV way back then.
shortly after the auction GM was trying to sell ther H1's for 80k the goverment auctioned off the 85,86,87 for around 14k. GM throws a fit because thier H1 meet's DOT specs. and the HMMWV doesn't.
Gov. ends auctioning of HMMWV's other than for scrap or for off highway use only.
If you find something for sale other than a 85,86,87 it is questionable how it got registered.
They do not meet DOT spec's for on Highway use.
I'm not saying there not being sold as kit cars or somehow there registration has been washed . If it has a 13 digit vin # it has somehow been re issued as something else other than a HMMWV.

I'm sure others will have a different opinion but thats my take on it.
Also regulations may vary between states.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While they are not sold on GL there were a few that slipped out a few years back. That's one reason they are so expensive (supply and demand).

Don't know the legalities of it but you do see HMMWVs in private hands with tags on them and driving down the road.

My HMMWV has valid VA title and has been inspected by VA DMV/State Police in regards to safety...and issues a unique R coded VIN (like a homemade chopper or kitcar).

ANY HMMWV you buy out of the US will have to go trhough US customs and be rejected. You will NEVER be able to IMPORT one as a whole truck....possible dismantled for parts-maybe....or squeeze one back through container oversight as a single truck....if you are lucky. They are not supposed to let any back in as privately owned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks