• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why the Deuce Doesn't Have These I'll Never Know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SasquatchSanta

1) ....

3) Actually, I'm a philosopher-- I and happened to find my well being while driving my truck... That is it. Trucks roll right? So that is the Rolling part meaning motion of the truck-- well being is correct. So It is just Rolling Well Being which is what i get from my Truck when I'm driving in it.

Well then "Roll-On" Good Buddy

1) ....

4) You're annoyed because I'm merely honest enough to tell the truth about the truck. A truck that in the Operators Manual TM9-2320-361-10 Section II: Vehicle Description and Data, General 1-13 (page 36 on the PDF)I quote: .....
NO! --- I'm annoyed because your philosophy has gone from being mildly entertaining to boreing.

I don't have anymore time for you --- you're dismissed.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
THE UNITED STATES DID NOT LOSE THE WAR IN VIETNAM , THE SOUTH VIETNAMESE DID. The fall of Saigon happened 30 April 1975, two years AFTER the American military left Vietnam . The last American troops departed in their entirety 29 March 1973.

Thanks Jimk

This thread has never let the facts get in the way of an uninformed persons argument.

Srjeeper

R_E,

You claim to revel in the truth but only when it coincides with your way of thinking. You also claim to find your happiness when driving your deuce, yet have very few positive things to say about it. You also claim to be a philospher but only use your talent to somehow give credence to your self rightous condemnation of everything anyone else says that's not in line with your views.

Your in fact a young person with an education, that only thinks of himself and has yet to grow up. Why not take all your professed talents and wisdom and join one of this countries military services and continue your education in real life outside mom & dads back yard.

You need money to accomplish your super deuce right? They'd pay ya, house ya, cloth ya, feed ya and when you got out they'd send ya for more philospher training on their dime.

You'll be given the oportunity to see and use other vehicles and discover how well they work inspite of what you may think. You'll get to travel to places most can never go to and learn what it means to serve your country and have too rely on your fellow man to risk his life while attempting to save yours. Just think of all a philospher like yourself would gain from those type experiences.

Finally I need to mention one more thing. Your quite outspoken on our involvement in Vietnam 40+ years after the fact. Consider this oh great philospher. The military in Vietnam never lost a battle. Men as young and younger than yourself fought and died so you could enjoy the freedoms that your enjoying right now in your ivory tower of wisdom. The government was responsible for any losses experienced during that conflict, not the men and women serving in our military.

Now I'd almost bet this will require a response from you as I dared to find fault with the 'Lord of the Deuce' and his views.

Save your drivel, I'm done on this thread. I'm done trying to reason with you and sick of the way you insist on disrespecting everyone and everything that does not follow your way of thinking.

As I have stated in the past, "Tis the empty barrel that always makes the most noise!" When you have something other than talk to show us, stop back!!

Your Dismissed boy!!

Awesome Possum

KILL THIS THREAD!
KILL IT BEFORE IT BREEDS MORE OF IT'S ILK!!!!!!!

Paraphrased from that truly great American philosopher Robin Williams
(He said some really great stuff 30 years ago!) :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Chief_919

I have some problems with your statements given the design of the truck itself. But sure I'll bite it isn't an off road truck. So what than are 2.5 ton trucks doing with things like winches, extreme fording capability, extreme suspension travel, ground clearance and 6wd? These aren't features you find in a 1950's road going truck. I mean why not just buy a regular Mack truck with tandem rear ends and use that instead??? It would seem to make more sense to me than build a truck with features clearly designed for off-road use and then use it only 1% of the time off road.
Once again, many faulty assumptions by you. The stock M35 does not have "extreme fording ability", 30" is quite low given the size of the truck. You claiming the M35 has an "extreme fording depth" when even a stock M38A1 could go deeper shows your ignorance.

Now it could be modified when more was needed. Just like when the Marines needed more traction they added Detroit Lockers. See how that works?

Ride height and ground clearance are also not extreme. Compare how it sits to most any civilian truck of the size with a live front axle from the late 40's and early 50's- the M35 sits the same if not lower.

If you think the truck has extreme suspension travel....

6wd and winches were for the times it would find itself off road.
And Open Differentials do not win in Snow or Ice. In the 1930's the Walter Truck Company of Guilderland Center, Ny developed the Walter Snow Fighter with 100% positive traction. They did this with a system of torque proportioning differentials that sought out the wheels with the most traction and sent power to them only. This way a truck with All -Wheel drive would be capable of being used year round. It would allow the wheels to slip when necessary and send power to the wheel that grip. The point is it has been known for decades that traction is king on roads or off... In any condition the vehicle with more traction is superior to the one with less traction. And in Snow and Ice positive traction wins over open differentials any day of the week.
I said open diffs in an M35 beat detroit lockers in and M35. I have driven both in snow. Have you?
I know I've tested out the M35's snow capabilities exetensively late given that I live in a town with an annual fall snow of 100 plus inches. The truck needs differentials locks to be effective on even pavement with chains on in many conditions given the crappy NDTS...
So you have driven them with open diffs, never with lockers, and are just making assumptions. Then arguing with people who have done both in the real world based on your assumptions.

Last edited:

kastein

Because I can't help myself.

More than 2 years since this thread started and the truck isn't fixed yet? Maybe a course in heavy truck repair and a job that pays enough to buy the parts would be helpful.

Just sayin'.....
What kind of good paying job can you get with a masters in philosophy?

Ps, you are using the wrong definition of flaw here, RE. Of course knowing the right definition would require some kind of useful engineering experience or degree.

Also please learn to use multiquote. This thread would be half as long uif you had mastered the use of technology that everyone else here seems to have figured out... without a masters in philosophy.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

R_E,

You claim to revel in the truth but only when it coincides with your way of thinking. You also claim to find your happiness when driving your deuce, yet have very few positive things to say about it. You also claim to be a philospher but only use your talent to somehow give credence to your self rightous condemnation of everything anyone else says that's not in line with your views.

Your in fact a young person with an education, that only thinks of himself and has yet to grow up. Why not take all your professed talents and wisdom and join one of this countries military services and continue your education in real life outside mom & dads back yard.

You need money to accomplish your super deuce right? They'd pay ya, house ya, cloth ya, feed ya and when you got out they'd send ya for more philospher training on their dime.

You'll be given the oportunity to see and use other vehicles and discover how well they work inspite of what you may think. You'll get to travel to places most can never go to and learn what it means to serve your country and have too rely on your fellow man to risk his life while attempting to save yours. Just think of all a philospher like yourself would gain from those type experiences.

Finally I need to mention one more thing. Your quite outspoken on our involvement in Vietnam 40+ years after the fact. Consider this oh great philospher. The military in Vietnam never lost a battle. Men as young and younger than yourself fought and died so you could enjoy the freedoms that your enjoying right now in your ivory tower of wisdom. The government was responsible for any losses experienced during that conflict, not the men and women serving in our military.

Now I'd almost bet this will require a response from you as I dared to find fault with the 'Lord of the Deuce' and his views.

Save your drivel, I'm done on this thread. I'm done trying to reason with you and sick of the way you insist on disrespecting everyone and everything that does not follow your way of thinking.

As I have stated in the past, "Tis the empty barrel that always makes the most noise!" When you have something other than talk to show us, stop back!!

Your Dismissed boy!!

1800 or so years ago Hannibal won all of his battles in the Second Punic War against Roman. In fact in one day he killed more Romans than anybody in History... He still lost the Second Punic War.

Winning the battles is only important if they help you achieve your overall objective. After all Clauswitz was correct -- all war is political and in a war against political adversaries such as the North Vietnamese and their Southern sympathizers were not affected by overwhelming force so no political achievements could be realized. Hence our withdrawal in 1973 without achieving our stated goals of keeping the South Democratic ( more to the point an ally of the US) was not achieved-- thus we lost the war.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

What kind of good paying job can you get with a masters in philosophy?

Ps, you are using the wrong definition of flaw here, RE. Of course knowing the right definition would require some kind of useful engineering experience or degree.

Also please learn to use multiquote. This thread would be half as long uif you had mastered the use of technology that everyone else here seems to have figured out... without a masters in philosophy.

Really you need a degree to understand that a weakness is a flaw? I thought that was just simple lexical issue? ****... first I learn that the US never lost the Vietnam War. And now I'm learning that Flaw is some how a super technical term like "superposition or entanglement".... But good to know I guess I'm never going to make that mistake again in character analysis.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Move along folks, move along, nothing to see here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks