• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Widest Tire On Dualies?

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

Searched for a while and couldn't find anything. Most people single out their trucks, but I was wondering whats the biggest tire you can get on the 81_'s without switching to singles? Thanks in advance! - Jack

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i run 1200x20s (as per tm-10), you can run 1400x20s as the bridge trucks do but this requires spacers and makes it to wide

LandMan

Where would one find the spacers? I am looking to use dual 1400's on my project and planned on bolting the tires on flat.

DMgunn

There are a couple pics somewhere of a bridge truck with 16.00's dualled. I'll have to find them again. The sidewalls were close, as you could imagine, but I think they would work.

m139h2otruck

Bridge trucks run 20x10 very deep dish wheels w/ about 1" spacers on the rears and 4"+ on the front. Also, the rear ends are spaced apart more than normal 5 tons and the axles are wider hub to hub, ends up with the dual rears over-width for normal street use. You can run dual 1600x20s on a bridge truck but not the others without a lot of work. I would try 1200x20s or single 1400x20s (48" tall) or the newer 15.50 wide base tires (46" tall) as singles.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
it took me 2 years to find 1200sm when i did thay turned out to be new in 04, the bridge truck calls for (tm-10) 12" wide rims, the 819 calls for 11", all the 1100s call for 10", on my 819 i have 4 12", thay have to be on the outside or the tire will rub the spring

jimbo*

There is an outfit in Canada that sells fertilizer boxes that has a pic of an M939 series truck with dualed 14.00R20's on it. If I can find the pic again, I'll post it.

davesgmc

I have my original bridge wheels and tires, I still have my spacers on the truck with singled out 16.00 on it currently. with the wheels i have now the front is too wide, but the back is fine, the front is about 108. i will eventually take the front spacers out as soon as i come up with some new studs. the rear spaces i may leave in place because i want to eventually get 8 more 16.00 and dual out the rear just for poops and grins

for the right money i would pull all my spacers and sell them with the wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks