• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Widest Tire On Dualies?

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

Searched for a while and couldn't find anything. Most people single out their trucks, but I was wondering whats the biggest tire you can get on the 81_'s without switching to singles? Thanks in advance! - Jack

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i run 1200x20s (as per tm-10), you can run 1400x20s as the bridge trucks do but this requires spacers and makes it to wide

LandMan

Where would one find the spacers? I am looking to use dual 1400's on my project and planned on bolting the tires on flat.

DMgunn

There are a couple pics somewhere of a bridge truck with 16.00's dualled. I'll have to find them again. The sidewalls were close, as you could imagine, but I think they would work.

m139h2otruck

Bridge trucks run 20x10 very deep dish wheels w/ about 1" spacers on the rears and 4"+ on the front. Also, the rear ends are spaced apart more than normal 5 tons and the axles are wider hub to hub, ends up with the dual rears over-width for normal street use. You can run dual 1600x20s on a bridge truck but not the others without a lot of work. I would try 1200x20s or single 1400x20s (48" tall) or the newer 15.50 wide base tires (46" tall) as singles.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
it took me 2 years to find 1200sm when i did thay turned out to be new in 04, the bridge truck calls for (tm-10) 12" wide rims, the 819 calls for 11", all the 1100s call for 10", on my 819 i have 4 12", thay have to be on the outside or the tire will rub the spring

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an outfit in Canada that sells fertilizer boxes that has a pic of an M939 series truck with dualed 14.00R20's on it. If I can find the pic again, I'll post it.

davesgmc

I have my original bridge wheels and tires, I still have my spacers on the truck with singled out 16.00 on it currently. with the wheels i have now the front is too wide, but the back is fine, the front is about 108. i will eventually take the front spacers out as soon as i come up with some new studs. the rear spaces i may leave in place because i want to eventually get 8 more 16.00 and dual out the rear just for poops and grins

for the right money i would pull all my spacers and sell them with the wheels.