• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a M135 winch work on a M35

levi schneider

I found a GMC M135 I think that has a winch I was wondering if the winch on it will transfer over to my M35. Any advice would be helpfull
Thanks
Levi

levi schneider

Ok I will talk to the guy and see if i can get it for a decent price. Then just keep my eyes open for the pto and shaft. Thanks for the fast reply.
Semper Fi

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you get a deal I could use the 135 pto and shaft if it has a decent price. Thanks in advance.

cbvet

FWIW-
I asked the same question a long time ago.
Someone said the PTO shaft attached on the passenger side on the M135/211. Opposite from the M35.
I never checked to see whether this was correct.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics of your chevy pulling the deuce! How well did it do? I'm assuming it's a 2500 with the duramax? How well did it stop with that much weight?

levi schneider

Well I didnt run up on any stop signs I didnt have any trailer brakes also. Just took my time and made sure I had plenty of distance between me and other vehicles in front of me. I brought it back from south of abq nm It pulled 51mph through the pass east bound on I 40 but once I got through that she ran 70 to whole way home. Yes it is a 2500. Got about 8 mpg with it also.

I will talk to to salvage guy and see if he will part with it and I will let you know MWMULES. Thanks for that info guys I make sure I get under there and look at the differnces.

citizensoldier

There is/was a M35 PTO and shaft for sale in the classifieds for $200. You will also need the linkage and winch extensions for your M35.
The M211/135s have a Transfer case driven winch with two shafts and a pillow block. The only thing that is the same is the winch itself. Good luck.:p