• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will civilian 10b rear work M1009?

GFB

Might have a chance to pick up another M1009 that supposedly has a bad rear end. Local yard has one out of a k5. Is the pinion yoke the same? Brakes?

GFB

I've read the FAQ. It says they have a 10 bolt rear end. That's it. If they have larger brakes the parking brake linkage could be different. I suppose brake lines could be made to work with anything with the right fittings, but plug and play would be nice. Just wondering if what I'm thinking is an easy fix is going to turn out to be a PITA.

goldwing2000

Banned
ummmmmmmm lots of 305 powered k5's had 3.08 gears.
usualy if it had a 700r4 it had 3.42's, if it had a th350 they where 3.08's
Well, there ya go. I've had three and none of them had 3.08s. And none of my friends with them have had 3.08s. I've had a 3.42 and two 2.73s (those were real dogs). Gave them all up for my 14BFF and 8-lug 10-bolt 4.10s! :D

Maybe it's a regional thing.

WARWAG

And I remember when gas was less than $1.00 a gallon. What's your point? :cookoo:

I'm not talking about "in the days of yore", I'm giving current market prices. In fact, if the OP already has a line on a junkyard axle, I'd venture to say he's only going to pay about $75 for it.
Well I was being light hearted as I thought you were. But apparently you were bashing. So in that case..... A used axle is a gamble at best and is ..well used. He may or may not get his money worth. $375 for a N.O.S. axle that is the direct replacement is not allot of money and will save him money in the long run. The brakes are new as are all of the bearings and everything else thats in an axle. I was just giving him another option.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjmcconnell

I know I'm not anywhere close to you guys but if you need a NOS M1009 axle, I have one.

Like WARWAG says, In the past, I've bought junkyard axles then put over $400 into them replacing brakes, bearings, e-brake stuff etc not counting my time...

wired1000

I'm also in the market for a NOS rear axle. Anybody near Chicago have a lead on one? bigjmcconnell: it will cost as much, at least, to ship to Chicago :-/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks