• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will this Harmonic balancer Work on my m1008 From napa

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never had any luck trying to cross reference any part numbers at Napa. My local Napa is staffed by enexperinced kids that are computer savvy but know little about parts. I orderd my Kats block heater there, the kid said,"a what" and found it after about ten min. Their system is vehicle specific, don't bother with part numbers unless it's theirs.
I was working on my '57 Ford and went to NAPA asking for points and a condenser. The kid tried to give an a/c condensor (which I'm pretty sure no '57 F100 came with stock). I realized that he was probably born after the last points equiped vehicle rolled out of Detroit.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the "what are point's" incident, a while back.aua

Hahah,Yall im tellin ya i have quite a few stories. Some other time though.Im blessed to say i was raised with some mechanical ability and not everyone has parents who have an interest in vehicles.I to have had a few incidents like that doghead and thanks for the Clarification sir, I wasnt able to find that number, i asked for it a couple of times but no matter what i searched for nothing mentioned the aftermarket part number for a Harmonic balancer.Thanks Again:D

Last edited:

wayne pick

Those a/c condensors are really hard to get under the distributor cap too. Ask them for 20in wheels,headers and a tuner intake for a Honda civic and they got you covered. Oh don't forget the raspy annoying no10 steam can sticking out the back.aua How do i know this? the napa kids have them parked out front. I want to T bone all of them with my 1031.

LOL Now, Now Wayne hahaha i hear ya.Now I know i have missed something. Which is a better option will one make any diffrence in the long run or does it not matter fluid Dampener or just a regular dampener. Besides Price is their any improvement over the other for the military 6.2 diesel.

Fluid Dampener
Part number 800191. Summit lists them for $435.35

Regular Dampener
Manufacturer Part Number : 594-128

Last edited:

wayne pick

The fluid dampener will suposedly last for the life of the truck, whatever that means considering our trucks are on overtime as it is. It's more for guys hopping up their 6.2s with turbos that don't belong on them or marine injectors, that sort of thing. doing these things to a 6.2 is pointless. that $400.00 dampener will not keep them from blowing up. I have a Banks turbo on mine and im really carefull with it, but im not spending that kind of money on a dampener.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Those a/c condensors are really hard to get under the distributor cap too. Ask them for 20in wheels,headers and a tuner intake for a Honda civic and they got you covered. Oh don't forget the raspy annoying no10 steam can sticking out the back.aua How do i know this? the napa kids have them parked out front. I want to T bone all of them with my 1031.
Do thay have the big base speakers in that trunk to you know base thump that shakes the windows in the MV at the red lights, oh how I hate that .Is it jest me

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once upon a time, the world used a resource we called, an Encyclopedia. Once it was filled/published with everything, that's where you looked for your answer/information.

The Internet(and this site) is pretty much full and we do not need multiple entries for the same part number and fitment.

It's funny that the Internet is just copying the past...

wayne pick

That $62 dampener will do you just fine. You will have to rent or borrow a puller if you don't have one, ask for the installation tool also. DO NOT hammer the dampener on with a lump hammer and a block of wood. Never should you hammer on the crankshaft for any reason. good luck.

********update*******

That $62 dampener will do you just fine. You will have to rent or borrow a puller if you don't have one, ask for the installation tool also. DO NOT hammer the dampener on with a lump hammer and a block of wood. Never should you hammer on the crankshaft for any reason. good luck.

Well i wish it was a $62.99 dampener.Turns out Orielliys Price was for the wrong one which was qouted to me over the phone .No one in town had it in stock so i ordered it from Summit $67.95+$9.95 S/H for a Grand total of $77.90 and they said it should be here around the 31st or the 3rd of august.

BTW oreilliy's could get the 594-128.But they wanted $102.00 for it and it was going to take 5 to 7 days for shipping.

wayne pick

The Summit price is still cheaper than my local mom n pop parts store. I use Jegs, which every one hates for some reason. I get my parts in three days, four max. they also gave me a free hat! LOL.

K9Vic

auto zone shows 2 different balancers. 1 is a pioneer and other is a dorman. what should i go with?
Pioneer as it is made in Australia and better quality. This is the one I have used four times now in four CUCV trucks. I change them anytime I get a CUCV with a Pioneer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks