• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wilson, NC Fly In - 2009 Oct.10th

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
After Action Pics-Wilson, NC Fly In - 2009 Oct.10th

Its short notice this year but here is the thread for the 2009 Wilson Fly In. I wish we would have had more notice but they have a new Vice Pres. in the FAA chapter thats holding this event.

I have 10 spots again this year for MV's of any size. While some are filled there is spots that are still open. We will also be in a better location from what I have been told. Sorry for the late notice. If you need anything call me at 252 363 3367 or PM me . This would be Wilson County, North Carolina. Airport is not far from Exit 121 on I95.

A little history of the airport from what Cabbell posted last year and a thread from last year is posted:

"Wilson County airport was originally a US NAVY/MARINE CORPS landing field in WW2, so there is a historical value to this old airport. "

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/25327-wilson-nc-fly-air-show-pictures.html

Last edited:

CGarbee

This was a really fun show last year. Lots of great old warbirds in addition to the newer ones (experimental class craft). Also, a good representation by the local Corvette club, NCANG, ect.

I can't make it this year (have to work this weekend), otherwise, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

They planning on feeding everyone again this year Jay? Last year's pancakes and suasage sure hit the spot... :)

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
The weather actually held out all day for us to make it to the Fly In in Wilson. We had 5 Military Vehicles there. If we werent threatend by rain I would have brought a M38A1 and a M37 out but id hate for the toys to get wet so the 5 ton did a good job. A nice and better pancake breakfast this year to start the day at 0700 till 1600.

One of the MV guys took a long ride in a T-6 Texan WW2 trainer.
*Josh ill let you tell them about the ride...
I took a ride in a R-22 to get pictures of the trucks from the air, my son enjoyed that ride alot.

There were a few Army helo's ,a P51 ,and two pre WW2 trainers.

We also did M35A2 truck rides around for free to everyone and then when the 5 ton cranked up we had to do 5 ton rides(they had to ride in the big truck).:wink:

All and all there was a great turn out and it was alot of fun- Jay

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks