• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wilson, NC Fly In - 2009 Oct.10th

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
After Action Pics-Wilson, NC Fly In - 2009 Oct.10th

Its short notice this year but here is the thread for the 2009 Wilson Fly In. I wish we would have had more notice but they have a new Vice Pres. in the FAA chapter thats holding this event.

I have 10 spots again this year for MV's of any size. While some are filled there is spots that are still open. We will also be in a better location from what I have been told. Sorry for the late notice. If you need anything call me at 252 363 3367 or PM me . This would be Wilson County, North Carolina. Airport is not far from Exit 121 on I95.

A little history of the airport from what Cabbell posted last year and a thread from last year is posted:

"Wilson County airport was originally a US NAVY/MARINE CORPS landing field in WW2, so there is a historical value to this old airport. "

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/25327-wilson-nc-fly-air-show-pictures.html

Last edited:

CGarbee

This was a really fun show last year. Lots of great old warbirds in addition to the newer ones (experimental class craft). Also, a good representation by the local Corvette club, NCANG, ect.

I can't make it this year (have to work this weekend), otherwise, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

They planning on feeding everyone again this year Jay? Last year's pancakes and suasage sure hit the spot... :)

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
The weather actually held out all day for us to make it to the Fly In in Wilson. We had 5 Military Vehicles there. If we werent threatend by rain I would have brought a M38A1 and a M37 out but id hate for the toys to get wet so the 5 ton did a good job. A nice and better pancake breakfast this year to start the day at 0700 till 1600.

One of the MV guys took a long ride in a T-6 Texan WW2 trainer.
*Josh ill let you tell them about the ride...
I took a ride in a R-22 to get pictures of the trucks from the air, my son enjoyed that ride alot.

There were a few Army helo's ,a P51 ,and two pre WW2 trainers.

We also did M35A2 truck rides around for free to everyone and then when the 5 ton cranked up we had to do 5 ton rides(they had to ride in the big truck).:wink:

All and all there was a great turn out and it was alot of fun- Jay

Attachments