• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window Question

mdemars03

I have read the posts and looked at the TM's so I do see what it would take to replace the window regulator. My question at this point is before I go replacing parts is there anything that can be tightened on the regulator or anything that can be fixed for the window to keep my passenger side window from going down on its own. It seems like if you just look at it wrong or a slight breeze blows it will roll down by itself. I know I can replace parts and most likely fix the issue but I would like to try and fix the problem before I order anything.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That is just the soldiers spirit wanting some fresh air! but on the other note is it just "rolling down"? like the handle spins down or does it just drop?

fasttruck

In addition to the regulator itself you will need 2ea "clip window glass" or "jesus clips" to proceed. If you can get the wear strips used in the window channel they will probably have to be replaced too. If you have not done one of these before refer to the applicable sectikon of the -20 on how to proceed. The regulator has to engage the two ears on the bottom of the glass frame and a roller track welded in to the door shell.

Eliteweapons

I need to replace the drivers window in mine but the links I found in another thread for replacement are broken.

Where did you find the tm to take the door apart?
I can't find anything in the tm's for the driver or passenger doors. I thought it would be in TM 9-2320-209-20-3-3 but I don't see it. Anyone have any helpful hints where to find the tm for that?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: