• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield Washer

Billy Bobbed

Has anyone installed one of these windshield washers on their truck.I just wanted to know if they work very well,sense they are a hand pump and not an electric pump.Does it seem to spray on the windshield very well.Looks to be an easy install.Id like to get one for winter,they like to lay alot of salt on are roads here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crazyguyla

I installed one once. If the winshield sprayer is has a conical top, it has to be moved farther from the windshield than proscribes int he instructions. Seems the original sprayer(pictured in the instructions) had adjustable nozzles. An electric pump could be worked into the system.

wsucougarx

I've installed five of those kits. Once it's primed the first time, I get liquid with each pump after that. The trick is drilling the spout hole even, level, and far enough away from the windshield assy so you get a good stream where you want it. I made the mistake of drilling a hole and pulled up on the drill motor. It bent the sheet metal up. When I put the spout on it was squirting over my windshield onto the hardtop. A rubber hammer got things squared away.

Billy Bobbed

Im getting ready to put my washer on,can anyone tell me how far away you put your nozzle from the windshield.And where there parts missing in your kit like the rubber washer and nut for the nozzle.Thanks

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Im getting ready to put my washer on,can anyone tell me how far away you put your nozzle from the windshield.And where there parts missing in your kit like the rubber washer and nut for the nozzle.Thanks
The blueprints supplied with my kit showed the hole for the nozzle centered on the cowl and 2.5 inches from the bottom of the winshield. I just installed mine last night, I think I bought it from Ace Draven about 4 or 5 years ago. I will do the wet-test tonight, and report back. I also didn't get the nut and washer for the nozzle, it's nice to know it didn't fall out of the box. I also understand this thread is over 18 months old.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jonathan, do you understand that this thread is over 18 months old???

Oh, Wait a minute :p

steelandcanvas

The blueprints supplied with my kit showed the hole for the nozzle centered on the cowl and 2.5 inches from the bottom of the winshield. I just installed mine last night, I think I bought it from Ace Draven about 4 or 5 years ago. I will do the wet-test tonight, and report back. I also didn't get the nut and washer for the nozzle, it's nice to know it didn't fall out of the box. I also understand this thread is over 18 months old.
Yessir I do. I was really trying to resurrect the thread to get any input on the install, especially since I drilled the hole in the cowl where the prints called for it to be. Seems as though this may not be correct.

Oooops! Didn't go all the way to the bottom of your post. :oops:

Dm35

Has anyone installed one of these windshield washers on their truck.I just wanted to know if they work very well,sense they are a hand pump and not an electric pump.Does it seem to spray on the windshield very well.Looks to be an easy install.Id like to get one for winter,they like to lay alot of salt on are roads here.
Where did you get the kit?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks