• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter shift boot option

Dieselfitter

Winter shift boot for transmission is easy. Arctic military canvas or a speed shop high rubber tower type.
the transfer case hi low lever adds some issues in that the shifter lays on the floor when in low. And i use low alot when logging ,
a door sweep broom type at any lumber outlet is cheap and effective way to seal up cold air. 5868856C-9B41-4152-A4E6-B04FE77BBB0A.jpeg

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made my transfer case shifter boot in a similar way. Posted Here . I originally used rubber, but the rubber I chose probably wasn't the best for this application and a few pieces of the rubber ended up coming apart after several months. I then decided to use a brush also and it's been much better.

Attachments

Dieselfitter

Nice touch wih the L N H trim plate. Your truck is much more refined than mine. Lol My truck is and will stay a lil “dirty”

i have plugged all the holes i can find in the cab and installing a fiberglass top on it this week . Hoping that will quiet the cab more and keep the heat that it makes . So far in 30* weather the heater keeps up on these back roads , 25-35 mph. i have a 5 mile stretch down a paved road at 50 mph to the mill, the cab is cooled off by the time i get there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks