• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter shift boot option

Dieselfitter

Winter shift boot for transmission is easy. Arctic military canvas or a speed shop high rubber tower type.
the transfer case hi low lever adds some issues in that the shifter lays on the floor when in low. And i use low alot when logging ,
a door sweep broom type at any lumber outlet is cheap and effective way to seal up cold air. 5868856C-9B41-4152-A4E6-B04FE77BBB0A.jpeg

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made my transfer case shifter boot in a similar way. Posted Here . I originally used rubber, but the rubber I chose probably wasn't the best for this application and a few pieces of the rubber ended up coming apart after several months. I then decided to use a brush also and it's been much better.

Attachments

Dieselfitter

Nice touch wih the L N H trim plate. Your truck is much more refined than mine. Lol My truck is and will stay a lil “dirty”

i have plugged all the holes i can find in the cab and installing a fiberglass top on it this week . Hoping that will quiet the cab more and keep the heat that it makes . So far in 30* weather the heater keeps up on these back roads , 25-35 mph. i have a 5 mile stretch down a paved road at 50 mph to the mill, the cab is cooled off by the time i get there.