• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wipers not working

rookie

Hey guys i had the wipers working and then yesterday i went to try them out and they werent working weird huh. Well it gets a liitle weirder i turn on wipers and i pull back on the windshield while im sitting down in the drivers seat. And i have wipers turn on working great then i realease some pressure from the windshield and wipers turn of . Anybody has experienced with this im thinking it might be a grouinding issue..

DatGuyC

There is a contact connector between the windshield and the body that powers the wiper motor, sounds like it doesn't have a solid connection. Part number 12339327

KansasBobcat

The contacts are spring loaded and mounted in a rubber base so they can get compressed over time and not be making good contact. Also, there is probably some corrosion on them.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just where is this switch as I now have this problem..

Mark

BLK HMMWV

the switch is on the wiper motor. that is the only switch. If you have a soft top HMMWV you have 3 contacts on the body under the windshield frame and on the bottom of the windshield frame.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok but where are these contacts? Middle left right? Thanks again.

Mark