• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wipers not working

rookie

Hey guys i had the wipers working and then yesterday i went to try them out and they werent working weird huh. Well it gets a liitle weirder i turn on wipers and i pull back on the windshield while im sitting down in the drivers seat. And i have wipers turn on working great then i realease some pressure from the windshield and wipers turn of . Anybody has experienced with this im thinking it might be a grouinding issue..

DatGuyC

There is a contact connector between the windshield and the body that powers the wiper motor, sounds like it doesn't have a solid connection. Part number 12339327

KansasBobcat

The contacts are spring loaded and mounted in a rubber base so they can get compressed over time and not be making good contact. Also, there is probably some corrosion on them.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just where is this switch as I now have this problem..

Mark

BLK HMMWV

the switch is on the wiper motor. that is the only switch. If you have a soft top HMMWV you have 3 contacts on the body under the windshield frame and on the bottom of the windshield frame.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok but where are these contacts? Middle left right? Thanks again.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks