• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wires 2B and 2C on M1151

Autonomy_Lost

I've searched the TM for 2B and 2C but got zero results. I also searched this website and google, but found nothing.

I have 2 wires dangling under the hood, labeled 2B and 2C. One is male and one is female (I think?). They are part of the same wiring harness with no other wires, and they run through the firewall into the cab somewhere.

Does anyone know what these are for and where to hook them up?

Not sure if its related but my tachometer and temperature gauges are not functioning.

Hummer Guy

I've searched the TM for 2B and 2C but got zero results. I also searched this website and google, but found nothing.

I have 2 wires dangling under the hood, labeled 2B and 2C. One is male and one is female (I think?). They are part of the same wiring harness with no other wires, and they run through the firewall into the cab somewhere.

Does anyone know what these are for and where to hook them up?

Not sure if its related but my tachometer and temperature gauges are not functioning.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those go to the generator. I can check today if no one gets here

Autonomy_Lost

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those go to the generator. I can check today if no one gets here
There is 2A that goes to the generator. But I dont have any open terminals on the generator at this point, and I dont have any charging issues that I know of.

Hummer Guy

Attachments

Autonomy_Lost

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-280-20-3 somewhere around page 1160. not sure if that is the TM for your vehicle but the number schemes are the same for all MVs with the exception of a few specialty accessories
Wire #2 is the alternator AC tap, used by the EESS and tachometer
The A,B,C,D etc are different branches or segments of the same circuit

Autonomy_Lost

TM 9-2320-280-20-3 somewhere around page 1160. not sure if that is the TM for your vehicle but the number schemes are the same for all MVs with the exception of a few specialty accessories
Wire #2 is the alternator AC tap, used by the EESS and tachometer
The A,B,C,D etc are different branches or segments of the same circuit
Wait a minute, here is the copy of that TM I'm looking at, which only goes up to page 953:

And you're saying that A B and C can all just be spliced together?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I am saying is that the wire number is the circuit, in this example it is "AC tap" now on most earlier vehicles there is only a 2A, it goes from the AC tap terminal on the alternator to the EESS box and that is it'

On later versions that use the AC tap to feed the tach there could be a 2B, 2C, 2D, etc the A B C etc is ether different segments for example 97A and 97B go to the RPM sensor, different segments of the RPM circuit OR it could be branch circuits where the same circuit goes to multiple locations.

So some investigation needs to be done because nothing is absolute just like wire #2 being used in the arctic heater kit.

Pictures of the exact location would help

But because you have a tach and it is not working, if it is the type that uses the alt signal than that signal should be a #2 circuit, I have not been able to find the documentation on the tachs hopefully someone will step in here and help

Autonomy_Lost

I double checked, and 2C is actually a ring lug. 2B is a packard conector (male housing, female pin).

Conveniently, 2C will plug into 2A, and the ring lug can go on the AC output of the alternator regulator. I'm gonna try that and see what happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks