• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin to MD recovery Contacts needed

roscoe

Stumps, whats the crop on the tree farm -- timber? Just kind of curious, I had forestry camp in the MI UP and Northern WI. On another note -- don't ditch your truck, I'm sure you can get your money out in parts if its bad, or someone would be willing to buy it and fix it.

chgofiveo

Hi Gang!

Well my turn has finally come! My EUC is clear, and I think all of my ducks are in a row. It's time to recover my deuce!

I will be traveling from Ft McCoy to Rhinelander Wisconsin, where I will lay over as I check to see how the deuce faired on its first outing. Then if all is well, I will be traveling from Rhinelander to Maryland.

The first part of my trip will begin on Tuesday the 20th, and will be mostly north on US 51, and continues on Hw 8.

The long part of my trip will probably begin on Wednesday, or Thursday, and will go something like this: US51 -> I-39S -> I-90E -> I-80E -> I-76E -> I-70E. I will be passing through Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.

If all goes well, I expect the final leg of the trip to take 3 days.

If any of you guys would be available to save my sorry self should there be problems, I would sure appreciate it if you could PM me your phone number.

Thanks! I'll post the pictures when I get back

-Chuck
Are you passing threw Chicago? or near Chicago?

stumps

Stumps, PM sent....Located in S.E. Wisconsin. I would avoid driving thru Chicago, DOT and police can be wicked and it gets worse if you break down on their road.
Bert
I've pretty well decided that I am going to down further south to 74. It costs me a couple of hours, but Chi traffic will probably cost even more.

I'll have my GPS with me. If things are going well, I may stay on the highways. If they start to get a little iffy, I will drop down to the older, more scenic, routes.

I am going to try and delay until next week. My shotgun rider spent the weekend out in the rain working, and is feeling poorly.... and my insurance company had a computer meltdown, and hasn't come through with my proof of insurance letter. They say they will have it for me Monday, but if I don't delay the trip, I will be on the road by then... makes me nervous.

Thanks for the info!

-Chuck

chgofiveo

Stumps, PM sent....Located in S.E. Wisconsin. I would avoid driving thru Chicago, DOT and police can be wicked and it gets worse if you break down on their road.
Bert
I wouldnt worry to much about Chicago or State Police

They have ALOT more to worry about than a MV

stumps

Stumps, whats the crop on the tree farm -- timber? Just kind of curious, I had forestry camp in the MI UP and Northern WI. On another note -- don't ditch your truck, I'm sure you can get your money out in parts if its bad, or someone would be willing to buy it and fix it.
I grow miscellaneous timber and tax deductions. We harvested shortly before my dad died (2004). I probably won't be around for the next harvest... trees grow slowly in Wisconsin.

My first fall back would be to beach it on my farm, and fix it later. If it dies hard on the road home, I may have no choice but to abandon it to the wreckers. The towing costs are simply prohibitive. Storage costs would consume the value of the deuce before the year was out.

I'm preparing, and hoping, for a better outcome.

-Chuck

stumps

I wouldnt worry to much about Chicago or State Police

They have ALOT more to worry about than a MV
I hope so! Others have found that they seem to be more than willing to find the time.

All my ducks are in a row, or I won't go. I have travel tags, insurance, fire extinguishers, reflector triangles, tools...

-Chuck

stumps

Hi Gang!

I've had to delay for one week. My new load out date is Tuesday October 27th.

My insurance company had a computer meltdown, and didn't provide me with my binder number and letter of proof of insurance, on Friday like they thought they would. And my shotgun rider spent the entire weekend out in the rain working on a backhoe....

I'm disappointed, but it is probably better this way.

-Chuck

98hd

I should be going to Ft. McCoy this week to pick up a few things if you need me to take a quick look at anything for you.

May be up again the following week if my EUC gets cleared.

stumps

I should be going to Ft. McCoy this week to pick up a few things if you need me to take a quick look at anything for you.
Thanks for the offer, but drgreg already gave it a look over for me, and Mike will be giving me his check out report later this week. I think I have a pretty fair idea of I must bring. Anything hidden will just rear up and bite me no matter what we do.

-Chuck

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well stumps...you're getting good assistance coverage on the Ohio portion of your trip....If you can get someone out by Dayton to step-up or on the Eastern Side of Indiana, you'll be not more than an hour or so away from help if needed.

roscoe

My first fall back would be to beach it on my farm, and fix it later. If it dies hard on the road home, I may have no choice but to abandon it to the wreckers. The towing costs are simply prohibitive. Storage costs would consume the value of the deuce before the year was out.
If it dies anywhere near me -- I got plenty of places for it to park -- and it won't cost ya anything. I'd even be willing to adopt it.:-D