• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wnat to turn up fuel pump alittle

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeypushjr1

well ive done some searching and wiki stuff i either didnt understand what i was looking at or reading or not in right area but does anyone know how to turn the fuel pump up a touch on my m35a2 i need a touch more juice. i think it down to low.. thanx....joe

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might have better luck if you used Capitalization, punctuation, and correct spelling.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeager1, I don't know who wrote the info in the link you gave but, it is very poorly written and some of it is just plain incorrect.

The outer nut is the lock nut. The inner nut is turned to adjust the screw in or out. The fuel delivery increases as the screw moves out (=turning the adjusting nut clockwise). On some model pumps there's a threaded cap over the adjusting screw and one lock nut. After removing the cap release the lock nut and turn the adjusting screw clockwise. Or into the FDC. And lock the nut back down. Only turn the screw in 1/8 turn increments. After each adjustment rapidly move the throttle open and closed. Watch the exhaust smoke when it starts to blacken then stop and lock the nut back down. Not too tight because the screw is a fine thread into alumium and you may strip the threads.

Turning up the fuel delivery rate has been well covered here on SS.
There are a couple of different ways that the guys here do it.
I would hone your search skills and use what's been posted here.

Last edited:

joeypushjr1

hey dog im sorryi dont meet your grammer requirements. you could have just passed right over this thread if you didnt like what was said ... it was a question not a freggin gramer test..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow I knew you were going to respond like this.

If you use proper spelling, it helps to get correct search results.

There is actually a rule on the site here, that says not to use long run-on sentences and try to use punctuation and capitalization.

If I remember the name of this thread and search for it, I won't find it because the TITLE is misspelled. SPELLING matters with the SEARCH function.

We all have spell check available to us, if we have trouble spelling, we need to use it more often. It will help everyone!

And yes, I could have skipped over this thread but, I was trying to be helpful, nothing else.

Last edited:

joeypushjr1

well then sir i opoligise of all the rules and stuff i dont recall that spelling thing so i shall go look into it and i guess use my spell check... thankyou

SasquatchSanta

I don't want to add fuel to the fire here but when people don't use proper capitalization it's hard to read. I'm getting to the point where I ignore anything that the author didn't at least make an attempt to properly capitalize. I don't kow that started this practice but purposely ignoring capitalization isn't trendy and it isn't cool.

GoHot229

Bottom line besides spelling and all.......I remember the threads here on SS a while back, with pictures and extensive input on absolutly correct methods to turn the fuell up, ie. how many flats and the like, along with the need for pyrometers etc but I'v spent about a half hour or better searching myself to help JP, and come up empty.....thing is I know they were there, I too may be improperly phrasing my terms to get a proper responce from 'SEARCH' Yea JP, you gota have the exact phrase or you will never arrive at the proper responce from Search. With more searching I came up with a search that worked. Type in (Turning up the power on a Deuce) hit search, when that comes up, hit page 2, then scroll down to a post by Mo Boy .......that will put you in the right direction and some information. I have taken the liberty to re-post pictures by Westeck and Cranetruck of the mechanism you adjust. Print the term I provided with the capitols as you see it inside the ( ) to make search find the exact post.
So a thanks go out to Westeck and Cranetruck for their work
edited and removed mabe not so humorous comment

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually try searching for 2 or 3 key words, with an "advanced search" I'm sure we can find the threads, eventually.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's one of 20 results when I searched for" IP fuel turn up flats"

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/29955-upping-fuel.html

I'm sure that a few different search terms will find what you want. There are many good threads on the subject of adjusting the fuel rate.

With the advanced search, you can also use an authours name as a key to finding what you want. I know Cranetruck has posted alot of info on this topic, so you could do an Advanced Search for "fuel adjust screw" and put the name "Cranetruck" in the search in the "users name" space.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I don't want to add fuel to the fire here but when people don't use proper capitalization it's hard to read. I'm getting to the point where I ignore anything that the author didn't at least make an attempt to properly capitalize. I don't kow that started this practice but purposely ignoring capitalization isn't trendy and it isn't cool.
I agree with you Ernie, however I might have an explaination. I think lack of proper punctuation, capitaization, and spelling are spin offs from texting. In order to communicate quickly, brevity is the key and everything you learned in school is out the window. I don't care for texting myself, and the only reason I do it is to communicate with my Sons, as they live in areas without good cell service. The text gets through alot better than the voice. I think people should text where appropriate, not in a forum. I look at what I write as a direct reflection of myself, therefore trying to make my points understandable. No, I didn't attend college, nor do I have a Phd, but I respect the language and those trying to read it.

rivired

Can you ustnnderad tihs stnecnee?

If so, you’ve just demonstrated your ability to take the important information in a communication (in this case, the first and last letters of each word), and essentially fill in the missing information. Your brain’s ability to “fill in the blanks” extends to sounds and pictures, too.

this is a thing i pasted off a site..i think we've all seen the full paragraph version of this.Thats an even better example.

personally i cant stand it when i post somthing on here and instead of getting a reply to my question i get some d-bag going
"ohh well i heard spelling deuce right is good for an additional 15hp"

when asking about getting more power out of the multifuel

and im like WOW...instead of helping me this idiot actually took the time to type that up just cuz hes SOOOO botherd my the mis spelling of the word deuce..

and this is just my opinion..but i think theres alot of people on here that use this great site as a reference..not somthing that needs absolute perfection..

i perfect things in the garage till im tottaly satisfied..not on the computer.

i get online with one of todays questions i just formed out in the garage and i quickly search and then quickly post to get a quick answer and get back out to the garage..

i dont give a **** about spelling corectly or punc.

cuz when it all comes down to it..the sentence above proves that we can all read misspelled words just fine..and if not your brain isnt working right.

***** hits fan..

SasquatchSanta

Rivired Scribbled:

personally i cant stand it when i post somthing on here and instead of getting a reply to my question i get some d-bag going "ohh well i heard spelling deuce right is good for an additional 15hp"
I didn't read all of your post because It didn't take long to see where you were heading.

If you "can't stand it" then don't do it!--- STOP IT!

When you come here asking for advice WHY should you expect the people you are asking for help to have to stumble over and sort out what you've written so they can give an accurate answer?

Until you learn some manners don't expect me to read and respond to any of your scribbled requests.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't we all just get along? :roll: Geez, everyone has trouble spelling at times or has keys that are goofy and don't work unless they get hit hard. We are SUPPOSED to be here to talk about MV's and the fun they bring us. Remember, we don't use spelling and grammer as we used to, say, 30 years ago. Then, we wrote letters to our friends and relatives, now, we just pick up the phone. The pen is now a work instrument that we use to jot down an NSN to look it up on the internet, not a communication tool. Remember when typewriters were newfangled technology?
Sorry, i'll stop now:cry:

rattlecan6104

I love how this post swayed terrifically off subject...

On a serious note, I was having a little trouble finding out where the adjusting screw was on the pump myself. so to GoHot229 Thanks for posting the pics.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The English language is a flexible and powerful tool for communication. Like any tool, often it is wielded by those untrained in its use. They get the job done but it’s not pretty.:|
I received no formal education beyond a hillbilly high school. I saw no value in learning English and mathematics. I later learned the hard way that using a carefully chosen word is a powerful tool to accurately communicate. There are some ideas I just couldn’t express with the F-word.
Misspelled and improperly punctuated sentences are difficult to read. It takes a little more effort to write carefully, but it shows consideration for those who might read it. Remember, these are the people we are asking for help.
Please consider language the most powerful tool in the toolbox. :idea:
It can get your Deuce unstuck with just a few carefully considered keystrokes! It can get you rescued from beside the road by another member, teach you how to turn up your fuel pump, or it can get you ignored.
If a person can learn how to turn up a pump, they can learn how to use tools like spell check.
The skill and expertise with which a tool is used has a direct bearing on the quality of the results.

det45

Very well said Beerslay!

I agree 100%, also being a hillbilly high school graduate, and having learned the power of accurate communication.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks