• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wnat to turn up fuel pump alittle

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're not looking for perfection, just a fair effort.:roll:

Obviously some people wont make the effort.

mudguppy

can someone who has all the pictures from the linked threads post up the photos of the fuel rod adjustment (and maybe the other method as well)? a lot of the other/older threads (using search) no longer have the pictures attached, and i believe there may have been several that were very helpful. maybe of the picture that still has the cap/cover on so someone knows what cap/cover that others are refering to?

and, because the older threads no longer contain all the good pictures, this thread may be a good reference to turning up the fuel for future searchers - they'll just have to trudge through all the useless grammatical dribble and bantering that contributes nothing to the original thread topic.

(sorry for the lack of capitalization - my left 'shift' key is broken and it feels too strange to use the right one... thanks for bearing w/ me - i know it's a huge inconvenience. :roll:)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
go to the old site and search, i could ahve added a link but then I would have needed to use 2 fingers to tipe

mudguppy

wow - amazing response from a site moderator.

so, we don't want to make a single better thread by adding a few pictures that's easier to use? why? wouldn't that make more sense to use an existing thread on the current site? if someone searches the topic, this thread will already come up and waste a bunch of time reading through it just to be directed to defunct links and the old site. nice. it's a shame that such a fantastic gathering of knowledge and experience is run by such an archaic method.

good gosh - you guys want to be "military" so bad that you're effeciency level is almost the same... i'll never understand why someone would want to strive to maintain mediocrity.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, you want our help, but won't help us?

i'll never understand why someone would want to strive to maintain mediocrity.
Is that why you refuse to use capitalization?

Last edited:

mudguppy

Got my 'shift' key fixed - thank the good Lord!!!!!

Wow, you want our help, but won't help us?

Is that why you refuse to use capitalization?

Seriously? What - are you "ransoming" site and user improvement until each and every member proves that they can use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization? Really? That's more important to you than the users of this site? Maybe if not the users, then certainly the efficiency and organization of the use of the site?

Really? Well, it does explain a lot.

So instead of taking constructive criticism on how to make this current thread better and more functional, you [a moderator] refer back to the "good-enough" method of chasing rabits around trying to find useful information.

All because you're offended when someone doesn't capitalize - because I'm not helping you. This is, after all, a tit-for-tat world we live in.

But, you're right. I can get the information I want by using the method that you suggest. Searching a topic and finding all the information by navigating between old site and new is extremely time intensive. But, again, it is a successful technique.

Besides, I'm sure the only folks around here who's opinions actually matter are the ones who are retired and are able to devote 100% of their time to this hobby, and therefore, navigating this site. So what if it takes a couple of hours to gather information on the topic - we've all got plenty of time, so who needs efficient operation. Right?

That's painfully obvious.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only one person here has the ability/access to fix or change this site(Mangus). I have 0 ability or access to help with those things.

I never said I agree with good enough, I am as helpless to that issue as you.

Everyone here needs to strive to improve the site, basic grammar, capitalization are ways you can all contribute.

Simply put follow the rules.

Last edited:

tsmall07

what if everyone was to write like this all the time can you figure out what im trying to say the first time you read this i bet you have to go over it a few times to figure out where the breaks in speech are that signify a new sentence how is this for helping you get back to the garage quickly its even better when someone posts two or 3 paragraphs like this sometimes i try several times to read what someone wrote but cant figure it out no matter how many times i read im not super bothered with non capitalization and misspelled words but a complete lack of punctuation is absolutely unbearable especially when the post is technical in nature if i were going to hire someone and i discovered they wrote like some of you do here i would never hire them propper grammar and spelling really impact how people percieve your intelligence whether you care about it or not

mangus580

Got my 'shift' key fixed - thank the good Lord!!!!!

Seriously? What - are you "ransoming" site and user improvement until each and every member proves that they can use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization? Really? That's more important to you than the users of this site? Maybe if not the users, then certainly the efficiency and organization of the use of the site?

Really? Well, it does explain a lot.

So instead of taking constructive criticism on how to make this current thread better and more functional, you [a moderator] refer back to the "good-enough" method of chasing rabits around trying to find useful information.

All because you're offended when someone doesn't capitalize - because I'm not helping you. This is, after all, a tit-for-tat world we live in.

But, you're right. I can get the information I want by using the method that you suggest. Searching a topic and finding all the information by navigating between old site and new is extremely time intensive. But, again, it is a successful technique.

Besides, I'm sure the only folks around here who's opinions actually matter are the ones who are retired and are able to devote 100% of their time to this hobby, and therefore, navigating this site. So what if it takes a couple of hours to gather information on the topic - we've all got plenty of time, so who needs efficient operation. Right?

That's painfully obvious.
There is no need to spend HOURS navigating both sites. The old site is listed as a reference, and a file store for TM's, and PS magazines. All of the forum data is here on the new site.

so, we don't want to make a single better thread by adding a few pictures that's easier to use? why? wouldn't that make more sense to use an existing thread on the current site? if someone searches the topic, this thread will already come up and waste a bunch of time reading through it just to be directed to defunct links and the old site. nice. it's a shame that such a fantastic gathering of knowledge and experience is run by such an archaic method.

good gosh - you guys want to be "military" so bad that you're effeciency level is almost the same... i'll never understand why someone would want to strive to maintain mediocrity.
Honestly mudguppy why waste time adding the information here? once this thread drops off the main page, it will be lost forever due to the mis-spelling. Nobody will find this in a search. its USELESS.

go to the old site and search, i could ahve added a link but then I would have needed to use 2 fingers to tipe
There is no reason to. If it was posted on the FORUM part of the old site it IS here.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I decided o try a search.

Typed in "turn up fuel"
and here is what it got me.

Useless???? What I find useless is that the search engine decides what words it will search for and what ones it won't. This case it decided that the word "up" was not important.

Attachments

mangus580

Words under 3 letters are not used. Otherwise it starts to pull 'partial words' or just letters out of larger words. (if that makes sense)

tsmall07

If you put a * after the word up (up*) it should search for the word because it will look for partial matches. At least, it works on another forum I'm on.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well despite the misspellings that many are whinning about and despite the search function not searching for what it was asked to search for "turn up fuel"
this thread came up in the first few of about 500 threads, most of which that have nothing to do with turning up the fuel.

Last edited:

joeypushjr1

look im bowing out of this thread now cause its getting stupid mangus deleted it once he should have left it deleted thanks doghead for ry so hard yes all i spelled WANT, WNAT so darn what get over it it was handled on the first page come on so if mangus want to delet it again im fine i got what i wanted now thank alll yall....im just done with the bikering...

rivired

Lol ya i always TRY to search before posting..but i guess i suck at it.. i have the same results..i type in something i want and it brings up hundreds of threads that are pretty useless..

Also... for instance thread #3 is far less relevant than lets say thread #137..oh well.

As far as the searching goes, this site seems to be flooded with useless, unanswered, and duplicate posts. If you want to find something with the search function, use the "Advanced Search"

And as to this thread... rofl

Oh man can you guys complain like a room full of old married couples!

I'll tell you this, I f***ing hate reading posts with bad grammar and spelling. I also attempt to make my typing as intelligent as possible.

And as far as the O/P, I got no idea. Apparently you turn a nut on a screw. :confused:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ifyoucantbebotheredwithpunctuationandcapitalizationwhyevenbotherwithspacesbetweenthewords

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread has a lot of useful information, it also gets a message out that needs to be understood.

Maybe everyone will get the point when we just delete your posts/threads with lousy sentence structure, no capitalization, or repeated misspelling.

JPjr, I apologize for this thread getting so far off topic. My comments here were never a "personal" issue with you but, I see you haven't understood the message here or just don't care. You know for a fact, that I cared that you got a correct answer to your question(pm).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks