• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a LMTV today, possible electrical issues.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The cab top comes off, windows and sides fold down and you take off the air intake to reduce overall height for loading onto an airplane.

DanM7890

It's funny because I was thinking the same thing, and in the articles posted on Google they put M1087 and I had a feeling they used the M1081.

scottmandu

The cab top comes off, windows and sides fold down and you take off the air intake to reduce overall height for loading onto an airplane.
The M1078 will fit in a C130 if the suspension is compressed using the on board hydraulics, and air the front tires down to 16 psi. The M1081 is used for air Drop Operations. The Air drop pallet is too tall for the standard M1078 so the M1081 has all the removable stuff.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Better have a U joint puller tool you will have to pull both driveshafts since its awd. They wont come out without damage without the tool. Any damage to the yokes will cause flying driveshafts down the line. You may want to order some new U joints they are not that expensive and you might as well replace them when you have the old ones out anyways. The lights are 12v you wont be able to control them with the 5 ton unless you have a set of multivolt magnet ones or tow lights.

DanM7890

So Corey is pulling the truck out of base with his dump truck and then we're hooking it up to the 5-ton. Can someone verify the plugs on the back of these trucks, Corey said his deuce was a 7 way round pin. Is the dump version the same? Also what's the output on a 5-ton. I thought they had a nato 12 pin?

I found some 9-30 volt led's to lights I could run for him to pull it off base, and then use a small converter for the MV to the LMTV for lights. Curious where to get a nato plug converter.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The lmtv uses a 12v interconnect cable between vehicles. There is one at the front bumper. I find the socket is unplugged often, the connection is behind the bumper you can reach up and plug it back in. Standard tow lights would probably be easier though.

DanM7890

My plan was to use tow lights. Because the LMTV only has two batteries and the light switch is missing so I'm assuming the interconnect wont work unless the cable will power the lights as well.