• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M1009 today!

mistaken1

Dude! I was gonna say I watched one rocket to the moon in Jeff City........

I hope it is better than it looks.

I was looking at the deuces with winches but they went too high for me.

Did you see that contact truck?

91W350

I tried a couple of M818s with winches, my pockets were not nearly deep enough! Some M35a2s went for big bucks with winches today as well.

I always wanted a M1009, I hope the mileage is right. I see what appears to be a rusty area in the tailgate. Those drainholes on those Blazers were a horrible design. Maybe I will get lucky and they skinned it with a trailer, I am betting it is from water pooling in the tailgate and is from the inside out.

91W350

I had a 77 and an 82, they both did the same thing. If a guy would pull the inside cover off and clean them out once in a while, he could avoid the problem. Maybe a coat of bed liner in there after it is fixed will take care of it. That is the least of my worries, I think they are still popping tail gate skins.

EO2NMCB

Buddy of mine got a m1009 out of Jeff city some time back, seems most of the items out of there is in good shape. Was watching a few there yesterday, but went for more than I was willing to pay. Congrats on your win.

91W350

I did not go look at them, I wish I could have. I can just hope all is well. When the EUC clears, I plan to go trailer it home. I would try driving, but want to check the tires, flex brake lines etc before we go on any 400 mile adventures. I like the MILTARY POLICE markings on yours!

zyrtecx

Yes, I do hope that all is well with both mine and your m1009... I did call Jefferson City and spoke with Mike and he said just a little surface rust and they were all dry and were in good shape! I sure hope that they are... He did say that mine would jump off and the yours would start on its on! The way that I hear it is vehicles from Missouri and in really good shape for there age...
I send my paperwork in this afternoon and it has already been sent to Battle Creek! Maybe I will hear something soon! So, keep in touch and maybe we will be going to do a recovery on the same date...

Milkman357

June M-1009

My M-1009 (From MO) was in great shape, small issues. Windshield washer, rear window crank, door hinges worn out (Duh 25 yo truck). It had been serviced regularly. The front bearing had fresh grease...

I picked up and engine Wednesday and Mike said they (M-1009) are almost all gone. Info tag on engine said "Engine knocks" so I didnt get a usable engine...

Mine has a few holes in floor boards area, but the quarter panels are rust free. the Trucks from Wisconsin and New York, Penn. ugh... 25 years of salt take a toll.

Congrats on the new Truck!

91W350

I am sure you will have yours before I get mine. I anticipate issues with my not having a home telephone. I sent in copies of my Police ID and vehicle registration, insurance papers, notarized statement from police Lts that have known me to live in Salina for over 20 years. Contact numbers for the local PD, hopefully it will roll through. We just have cell phones, no landlines. Glen

zyrtecx

Maybe it will go fast for you, I just got my first EUC approved on the 24th September, took about 33 days... I too don't have a landline phone just a verizon wireless cell. So, you are a police office... Neat! just happens that I'm a deputy sheriff, I have been in law enforcement about 26 years... Was in the Army from 1979 - 1986 as a Military Policeman....
Is this your first EUC?

91W350

I hope it goes fast, it is okay though, I have a really nice M1008 to drive.

I started in 1978 worked a couple of years, quit, then came back in 1986. Worked 30 days and got the crap shot out of myself. Left lung, stomach, spleen, bladder, gall bladder, diaphram, large and small intestine, right wrist, right hand, right thigh. He was shooting a 38 special and poked neat little holes all over me. That was January 31, 1986... I am not very smart, I am still there. I missed ten days of work, then worked in the evidence locker until May 1st, 1986. Been out on the street doing my thing since then.

Anyway, this will be my first GL purchase, first EUC, so I am hoping for the best. ;-) Glen

Last edited:

zyrtecx

Just got my paid Invoice back for M1009...

EUC Status history:

Status Date Submission of EUC Pending 09/24/2009 EUC sent to Battle Creek 09/25/2009 Customer Notified 09/29/2009
That was sooooooooooooo Fast...

zyrtecx

Hey 91W350 have you heard anything yet from GI?
I went to Fort Bragg on Monday and picked up my purchased
M101A1.
The M101A1 had new tires, new blackout lights new alum railing, nice canvas cover and very little rust... Was made by Stevens Mfg, 11/1968 and has a serial number of 744.

91W350

Nothing yet, it looks like it will be the 12th of October before I can get there anyway. I am going to day shift on the 5th and as luck would have it, I landed with Saturday and Sundays off. Any other time, I would have a nice Tuesday and Wednesday type of days off. I will have to burn a couple of vacation days to go get it. We have a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks planned for the 17th-18th, but my wife cannot get the following Monday off. I am trying to scrounge up a pintle trailer so I can make the slow trip with my M1008 to get it. That would make for some nice recovery photos! Google says it is 333 miles and five hours-nine minutes. In the M1008 I am betting it would be a seven hour drive....

zyrtecx

I want to go get mine next week... Sure hope that I can get off mon and tues...
We work 12 hour shifts, on 2 days, off 2 days, and off every other weekend, I'm 800+ miles from jefferson city and it looks like about 13 hours... Maybe you will get that paid invoice soon!