• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won an LMTV M1081 out of Ft. Bragg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If the rear brakes work with the pedal but not with the parking brake control then I would replace the parking brake control. Air could be getting by. If the rear brakes are not engaging with the brake pedal either then I think something may be plumbed wrong. Recently replaced parts are a good place to look for switched connections.

Lmtv772

Banned
What I would start with are the known bad valves namely the 3 valves under the driver side cab. I had one truck that bypassed air through the parking valve, while there were leaks through out the system. Once I replaced the valves the park brake stopped bypassing air.

jjb

What I would start with are the known bad valves namely the 3 valves under the driver side cab. I had one truck that bypassed air through the parking valve, while there were leaks through out the system. Once I replaced the valves the park brake stopped bypassing air.
I have one bad check valve for sure on the rear cross member. I need the check the others.

jjb

It turned out to be the Park control valve being hooked up wrong. My first clue should have been that the park control and trailer supply valves were in the opposite locations of what the TM's show (Park control on top of the trailer supply).

I spent every night this week looking at the TM's for troubleshooting steps and how all of the air lines are routed. 2 lines were switched. Switching them back fixed all of my issues. The parking brakes not working, the brake pedal not returning and the air/hydraulic system not functioning). The delivery port was connected to the treadle vent.

Thanks for all of your help.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will be the second GP FMTV found to have crossed hoses due to mistakes made by someone within the military! "Sarge, this one cannot be fixed, send it to DRMO."

jjb

That will be the second GP FMTV found to have crossed hoses due to mistakes made by someone within the military! "Sarge, this one cannot be fixed, send it to DRMO."

That was exactly what I was thinking when I figured out they were crossed. I found a few other things they replaced probably trying to fix the issue. Then they ultimately gave up and sent it to DRMO.

Their loss is my gain I guess :grin: