• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won an LMTV M1081 out of Ft. Bragg

scottmandu

There is a relay valve attached to the parking brake system that requires the parking brake to be applied for the auxiliary hydraulics to work (cab tile spare tire etc). That valve could be your problem.. Also check the anti-compounding valve and inversion valve for the brakes. All can be replaced with new parts for about $300 bucks.

jjb

There is a relay valve attached to the parking brake system that requires the parking brake to be applied for the auxiliary hydraulics to work (cab tile spare tire etc). That valve could be your problem.. Also check the anti-compounding valve and inversion valve for the brakes. All can be replaced with new parts for about $300 bucks.
Any idea where the relay valve is?

jjb

I took the inversion valve apart on the rear cross member and it seemed to be working. Next to it is a 2-way check valve. It have a badly kinked air line. When I took it apart it had a cracked diaphram. See attached picture.

Would this cause the parking brake to not function?

View attachment 613020

jjb

Is the relay valve you are referring to #24 in the first picture? They call that a plug valve in the parts TM but Bendix calls it and inversion valve. I attached a picture I found on ebay of the valve.

LMTV air tanks.jpg valve.JPG

jjb

I just realized that the picture I tried posting of the bad two-way check valve didn't come up for some reason. Here goes again.

IMG_20160313_150135161.jpg

Lmtv772

Banned
I just realized that the picture I tried posting of the bad two-way check valve didn't come up for some reason. Here goes again.

View attachment 613229
That looks like one of the 3 membrane valves. I bought new shuttle valves and replaced the membrane valves completely. You can choose between
a diaphragm valve as in the LMTV KN25060
Repair kit for diaphragm valve RN11V
or a shuttle type valve as in the MTV KN25061
the shuttle valves are used in the later FMTV 2004 and up and have a much higher
quality

jjb

That looks like one of the 3 membrane valves. I bought new shuttle valves and replaced the membrane valves completely. You can choose between
the shuttle valves are used in the later FMTV 2004 and up and have a much higher
quality

From the TMs I have found 4 of them. This one on the rear cross member, one on the back of the air tanks and 2 under the cab. There may be others I haven't found yet.

jjb

quality

Any idea if that bad diaphragm could cause the parking brake to not engage?