• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won an M109 today (Pick up underway 10 OCT)

dk8019

EUC shows approved! It didn't get sent in until the 10th, and today is the 27th! That seems fast, and I'm pumped. I've collected most of the parts that have been recommended, I need to get oil, brake fluid, etc this week. From what I understand pickup on Friday is possible, I'll even be out that way for a N-SSA event down in Winchester VA, any chance I could pick it up on Thursday instead of Friday? I guess I'll give the manager a call on Monday morning and check, Friday should work though, my first event isn't until 5pm, so if I'm there first thing in the morning, it should be no issue to get it back to Winchester before 5. I'm very excited about this! :D

Wolf.Dose

To Rolling Eudaimonia:
Sorry, you misunderstood: Visible smoke WILL increase , proved by many exhaust emmission tests. The average says clearly 10% to 15 % more particulates. That does not mean the smoke you see with your eyes on a average Deuce, this is from the test benches with a Hardtrige smoke meter.
I did not say, that oil consumtion will increase, I said the CHANGING intervall has to be reduced to half or one third of the usual due to contamination of the oil.
Modern trucks, and I mean those of EURO 5 or EPA7 or 8 or higher (ex. in the States the DD15 engine, first released in February this year), if converted to use bio diesel, have to cut their oil changing intervalls to the mentioned shorter intervalls. If you drive your Deuce only 5000 or 8000 miles a year, the annually oil change easily will cover that.
Fuel consumption will increase about 5% to 10% due to my experiance with a CUCV. Without fuel heating starting in winter is not very good, but will work down to about -10° Celsius, especially with classic diesels like the Deuce engine or those with a pre combustion chamber engine.
Wolf

dk8019

Woohoo, paid in full invoice received this morning from GL, they rock by the way! I talked to Amanda and I'm setup for picking it up on Friday morning at 9. Wish me luck! rofl

wsucougarx

dk8019 said:
Woohoo, paid in full invoice received this morning from GL, they rock by the way! I talked to Amanda and I'm setup for picking it up on Friday morning at 9. Wish me luck! rofl
Best of luck to you my friend. I hope and pray for a safe recovery trip. :D Doesn't get more exciting than this. Take a truck in unknown working condition, start it up for the first time (our first time anyways), listener to her purrr, and take her out on the road. I love it :lol:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Once you guys get them home, I'd like a couple pics of how the ladder is attached to the outside rear of the truck. My truck must have been backed into something, as all the mounts are mangled. I woould like to try to get mine to work there.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well as much as I would like to say the boys are headed to Rauch Creek they are not but they are currently underway for Fort Indiantown Gap for the pick up of my two latest trucks. I am praying for a safe convoy home with three OD trucks M1009 with RAWLS M109 in the middle and M1031 with RAWLS.

I got both of the trucks insured last night so they should be good to go wearing my old uniforms since they share my last name Can't say the same about the combat patch though...

I am keeping them in my prayers and if any of you are near by say hi

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
They are on the way up there and last time I talked to them the M1009 was running great and they should be up there by now hopefully the trucks will start and run and the convoy down home will commense. I am very glad to have the great friends on this site and two sons who are helping me it would be impossible for me being 9,000 miles away to get this done with out either this site or my sons. I just hope the iron fever hits them so they keep the trucks if I go home to be with Jesus.