• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WOO HOO! Original Genset filters available that fit

hurst01

OK guys,

After searching for days for filters to fit my MEP002A, I finally found them at very reasonable prices. I got tired of using the Wix filters from NAPA. In spite of everything, the filters are not an exact replacement. The Wix 33113 (NAPA 3113) will work but the tangs inside the filter have to be bent. They have four slots whereas the originals have three. I was able to use the "O" rings from the Wix but had to take the filter housing off and press the "O" ring in the grove with a screw driver. It was no fun at all. By the time I had installed the second one I was wishing that I had left the originals in place, that is until I found the last one twisted.
The oil filter from NAPA does not come with the correct "O" ring gasket or anywhere close to it. AND, the prices are out of sight as far as I am concerned.
The original oil filter is a FRAM CH6PL. The original fuel filter is FRAM C1125PL. I have found these at an extremely low price. Low enough that I considered buying and reselling them. Being the nice guy I am, I can't do that because I want everyone to get a good deal. Check this out!

FILTER, OIL, FRAM CH6PL= $4.90 EA
FILTER, FUEL, FRAM C1125PL = $6.09 EA

I just ordered 14 fuel filters and 4 oil filters. I took all he had in stock on the fuel filters and he is ordering me more. He still has some of the oil filters in stock. NOW, get this! Paul tells me that this is his case price, but sells them individually for this price, no minimum. He said that if this would be something that I used on a regular basis that he would keep more in stock. I told him that I would put the word out about his prices. Even the shipping is very reasonable.
The contact is Paul, (813) 319-5666. The address for ordering is
sales@race-mart.com. Paul just a few minutes ago called me and told me he only had 6 of the fuel filters in stock but had 10 of the oil filters. He is ordering the others for me and said they would be in in 10 days to two weeks. When I tried locating them on their web site I couldn't find them but Paul told me they had them. So, you may have to give him a call.
I wanted to post this so if anyone else wants to order them he could get them in stock. I tried getting them at NAPA and they were close to $9 each and they only had 2 of the fuel filters in stock and not many of the oil filters.
I found the original Fram oil filters (CH6PL) online at Advance auto for about $5.90, but couldn't find any stores that had them in stock.
I have received a lot of help on this forum and figured I would return the favor. If you don't like the fit of the Wix or NAPA, here ya go. I didn't check on the air filters because I didn't know the original part numbers. If it is either a CAK5047S or CAK253. These numbers cross over from a NAPA 2222. As always, any time you cross reference a number is is slightly different in physical size. Both numbers below are recommended replacements for the NAPA 2222.

Filter, Air, CAK5047S= $24.90.
Filter, Air, CAK253= $16.19.
Maybe this will save the members some serious $$$$. One other thing, I see from some information I have come across that these filters also fit the Diesels in the larger trucks??

hurst01

I have performed a lot of search trying to find these filters and from what I have seen before, they are the same for the MEP003. It surprised me to see that they fit some applications on the Deuce and others. I was very surprised at the price. For 10 filters the shipping was about $8. I jumped on them.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just saw this thread...it's good to know about the fuel filters. I'll definitely be ordering some of them.

On a side note and not trying to thread jack, but I just posted about having made a spin-on oil filter adapter for the 002a and 003a generators. If anybody is interested here is a link...MEP-002a and MEP-003a Spin-on Oil Filter

m38inmaine

Rockauto.com also has the filters listed, shows not in stock, up to 10 day delivery, fuel $6.14, oil $4.37, I ordered a few of each, $10 shipping, will report when they arrive.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, I'm curious though. Do any of the assorted gaskets that came with the CH6PL oil filter fit and seal the bowl? Or are you still going to need to buy one separately?

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's cool, although I do not need the oil filters any longer, I think I'll be purchasing some of the fuel filters. The NAPA ones work, but it will be nice not to have to mod them to make them fit. :p

Thanks for doing the leg work on this hurst and m38.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I do...but I don't think you want to spend the money on it ($80+/- for a new one) for something that can be taken apart and cleaned. Unless you are completely missing it. Then, I might have one in the garage.

I'm not 100% sure I have it though.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
was outside doing some work...I do indeed have the fuel strainer in the garage. It's the complete canister with strainer and all.

GHOSTOFAGREATMAN

was outside doing some work...I do indeed have the fuel strainer in the garage. It's the complete canister with strainer and all.

Do you still have it ? How much do you want for it I Just picked up my 003 and it has none of the filters or canisters.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly,

If you have absolutely none of the canisters at all, you would be better off to just get 2 spin on filter bases and buy 2 modern spin-on fuel filters (at least one of them having water separating capability) and go that route.

Unless you're looking for authenticity, in which case we can talk. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Boreal21

I've got a new (to me) MEP 3 and I'd like to pick up some new filters to change out before I fire it up for the first time. I've been poking around the TM, but just to make sure I'm reading it right... there are 2 fuel filters and 1 strainer, correct? Looking at the setup there are 3 identical canisters and the left-most is the strainer while the other 2 are the fuel filters? And just a single oil filter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks