• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Work on the baby HEMTT grinds to a start.

Stalwart

Nice one Mods., leave the snarky comment from the thieving one! :roll:

If you're going to edit and redact comments, be constant and thorough. That includes this one of course.

Last edited:

RGS20inophir

I have a couple fresh pictures from when Jones took me around his pitiful excuse of a workshop (HA!). Jones, it is one HECK of a piece of engineering!

Thank you again Jones for your time and hospitality!!!:jumpin:

Last edited:

Stalwart

Thanks RGS but those links are to the thumbnails, not the pictures. How about a link to your folder in which they reside? I haven't seen "Baby" for about 18 months and Leonard himself in 6 months. He stopped by the Tower Park MV Meet to chat.

Stalwart

Great build gonna go the same way and build my own if I can't find one.
I don't understand, are you gonna build a HEMTT if you can't buy one or are you going to build a custom 2 axle "Baby"? Unless you're VERY good, the forward control steering will end your project early. I'm serious, the number of steering/gear boxes, and the geometry to get it to work properly will bite you, HARD! :shock:

Stalwart

I see, sorta. A HEMTT is not a cabover by the way, the engine is fully behind the cab and drives nothing like a cabover. The easiest is just to add a crane to a 5-ton as so many have done here.

Please forgive me Leonard but I gotta share the custom battery box photos.

He managed to use the space formerly being wasted between the fuel tanks by adding a nice pullout and secure battery box.

Attachments

sierra117

Nothing cool was ever easy i like a challenge and building and customizing things is my never ending hobby. I am never finished with anything i build nor am i happy with a factory vehicle i just have to cut chop to make it better.

army70deuce

First off I want to say that your truck is awesome. Now to my question. I'm looking at doing something similar and wanted to know how difficult it was to mount the hemtt cab to a deuce frame and how far back did you move the engine to put the cab in front? Do you have any pictures of the cab install?

Thanks,
Once again cool truck.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTT for air. Love to see more of this truck and its progress...not to mention I'd love to see a video of it driving!

Bet it would be pretty great offroad as well...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks