• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

would u buy this preBOB deuce?

cgah04

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Seems expensive to me. I'm pretty sure that guy is a member here, but I would be inclined to do it myself for that kind of money. Bad azz truck though.

HeadWizard

It can be done, but bobbers seem to go from 6k up to this price range. Add up your expenses - supplies, tires, wheels, paint, 105 bed, etc, etc, etc. What is your time and friends time worth? How soon do you want it?

Oh the decisions.....

No, I didn't spend near that for mine.

cgah04

yea it is a lil pricey.. nothing against the member here selling it. i was just curious.. id perfer to do it myself would think it would be cheaper but its the time problem and the hassle.. id almost rather buy it already done but not for that price..
head wizard where did you find yours?

DUECE-COUPE

I bought a deuce with winch for $3000 from a private sale. It has a title so that problem is solved. I will have $4000 in it when i am done and i will be able to say "i built it". Very powerful words. Means you don't just buy what you want , it means you have the ability to make what you want too. I will post pics of mine at the end of january to show before and after pics. :-d

M1075

I bought a deuce with winch for $3000 from a private sale. It has a title so that problem is solved. I will have $4000 in it when i am done and i will be able to say "i built it". Very powerful words. Means you don't just buy what you want , it means you have the ability to make what you want too. I will post pics of mine at the end of january to show before and after pics. :-d
IT seems most people here buy what they want and then modify it. To say "I built it" I would have to do more than remove an axle and add a trailer bed. What plans to have for your build?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is still a lot of vehicle for the money. Its pretty sharp. Some Folks don't have a place to work on one either. Compare the price to a regular pickup - what do you get there for the same money?

Lee in Alaska

HeadWizard

yea it is a lil pricey.. nothing against the member here selling it. i was just curious.. id perfer to do it myself would think it would be cheaper but its the time problem and the hassle.. id almost rather buy it already done but not for that price..
head wizard where did you find yours?
epay aua

it was one of those time is money things.

madsam

If I'm correct One of our Members on Steel Soldiers,"CaveMan" is the builder of that unit, and has offered it on EBAY for some time now, a couple go-rounds anyhow. Some Bit of discussion on the method of lifting for the size of tires you see here, but other than that, I'v no reason to think CaveMan isn't a capable builder of Bobbers. Honestly, His are some of the premium looking jobs turned out from stock M35's as you will see when you search the market for Bobbers.
I think everyone here thinks that truck is nice and well built. It is just that the people on this forum, are basically cheap.

HeadWizard

I think everyone here thinks that truck is nice and well built. It is just that the people on this forum, are basically cheap.
That is probably the most accurate statement I have seen posted on SS in quite a while! Most of us need PB Blaster because we squeak so bad.

joec

Not to start a argument. But it is not a Caveman truck Read where it is from. C&C Equipment. In Indiana. Yes he did use blocks in the back. So I guess the ones that are 4+ inches that ford and dodge use are wrong also. He is now using all springs.

madsam

Not to start a argument. But it is not a Caveman truck Read where it is from. C&C Equipment. In Indiana. Yes he did use blocks in the back. So I guess the ones that are 4+ inches that ford and dodge use are wrong also. He is now using all springs.
But I like argument..:wink:

67Cougar

That is probably the most accurate statement I have seen posted on SS in quite a while! Most of us need PB Blaster because we squeak so bad.

I will only speak for my self, but I don't know if cheap is the word. I usually have soooo many projects going at once that I just have to be careful. Well alright, I'm cheap. But I'm proud of it! ! ! !

Blythewoodjoe

I sold my "bob" this year for under $6000 and I thought it was a very nice practicle truck. The rear hubs where flipped and I had 14.5 radials on it. I made the rims and had about $500 in the tires, tubes and rims total. All that because I am "cheap". I made a custom dumping flat bed. I needed the money is the only reason I sold it. I miss it :cry:

I have watched ebay for a while and have concluded one thing. If you want to get the most money out of a deuce, put big wheels on it and you will get twice as much for the truck. Bobb's are the same.

For what's it's worth, most of my work is housing related and I do have some time on my hands right now. I could be talked into bobbing a truck if anybody is willing to drive to my shop. A day of my labor has a set price. I might even take your old bed as part payment. Just a thought.

This thread has picture of my truck. Hope it works.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=16665&highlight=bob+deuce+dump

Joe Trapp
KJ4IIM