• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would you pay $17,000.00 for a M1009?

CUCVLOVER

After some thought I might buy that truck if (this is a big if) it had a couple more things.
1 it would need to have a rather large chunk of gold in it.
2. (This is most important) several good looking suki companies (of my choosing) where thrown in for free.
PS: if you don't know suki just look up the movie 2fast 2 furious.

But that is the only way

86m1028

Ah,youth.Can you imagine feeding a 454 with a th400 and those gears.You would need that chunk of gold.Or poor Suki would starve.
No different than driving a 923/925 !

I would gladly run a big block over a 6.2 in a Cucv.
Image being able to step on the gas pedal & the truck actually get up & MOVE !!

rsh4364

For what the 6.2 is Im more than happy with the way it performs.I love the 6.2 and have plans of transplanting some into older lighter vehicles.

Last edited:

Breaker

Perfect example of someone not understanding the market.

He pretty much changed everything that people seem to buy these trucks for. Can't even imagine what he has in that truck given the asking price.

joshuak

Relisted at, the far more reasonable price of $16K any takers?
I think the $100 off for a leaky shock will get folks bidding for sure...:roll:

Perfect example of someone not understanding the market.

He pretty much changed everything that people seem to buy these trucks for. Can't even imagine what he has in that truck given the asking price.
More than one...

I count 3 this year, same asking price of $17,000 or more.

1.-The one discussed currently.
2.-The topic of discussion for this thread.
3.-CL Eastern Shore has another beauty for $17,400.

Rvitko

I think what you are willing to pay depends on what your goals are. Would I pay anything for the one listed? No, because as I see it, it got neutered the moment the gas engine went in and the 24V system was disabled and a lot of things don't look right. Would I knowing what I know now, if possible pay $12-$14K for something like Desert Eagle had listed, you bet. I bought my rust free, running m1009 for 4K, a year later I have replaced just about everything rubber, just about every failure prone engine part except the injector pump(harmonic balancer, lift pump, water pump, etc), the entire cooling system, I have an AC kit ready to install, I fixed the tailgate, I have welded up the seat tears in the floorpan and primed them, new suspension, new brakes all around, even the lines and valve, replaced countless clamps and bolts that came loose and were lost in its life, doghead mod, rebuilt the alternators, reupholsterd seats, new tires and I still need to do bodywork and paint, I want to sprayline the interior and add some sound deadening, so I am in $10-12K, just on a payment plan and I think if most of us are honest with ourselves, we have done the same thing. On the otherhand, I know what was done, I know it was done right and I see a lot of $10-$15K CUCV's that look nice, but none of the mechanical stuff was done, it just looks good, so still figure on $2-4K in work more if you want AC, spraylining, etc and that is a suckers deal. I bought this for the fun of working on it and for a reliable hunting truck, but to drive 150-200 miles to a lease and back, it needs to be reliable and that takes time and money and I can more easily afford it at $250 a month and $4K down. Do I ever think I will get that out of it, no, but I also have no plans to get rid of it, if the engine goes it will be getting a 6.5.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks