• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WOW, Just wow. Nasty !

frodobaggins

I don't mean to sound pesitmistic but I would plan on bearings & outer races too if you moved it very far with that "stuff" in there.
If the bearing rollers have any rust they will fail on the road or worse, down the road.
Jimm1009
:deadhorse:
I moved it all of 100 feet :)

Had some slight surface rust on the outer races and bearings. Wet sanded it and cleaned. I'm going to replace them all soon but these should be fine for now.

saddamsnightmare

May 24th, 2010.

frodobaggins:

WOW!!!:confused:

You know you could have gotten help with that truck....??? All you had to do was contact your local college's Archaeology Department and tell them that you had a military archeological site that needed dug......:)! When you bury a truck, you really bury a truck!!!!!!:twisted:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That's why Hobbits live underground.

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."

Attachments

frodobaggins

how much time do you have in the clean up, repack, and replacement of oil? I will have to do this really soon.
About 15 hours, however, this was my first time, and an extreme case.
Lugnuts frozen, etc, etc.

If I had to do THIS job again, I could do it in 8.

If it was a normal job, probably 4-6 hours.

Stan Leschert

If you can call Gandalf, I do believe that he knew a vehicle Mech named Smeagol, who specialized in subterranean exploits!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

Let us know what you had to do to purge that muck.
Most of the TMs were written by soldiers mistakes.
This chapter may be interesting.... and yes informative!

Last edited:

frodobaggins

If you can call Gandalf, I do believe that he knew a vehicle Mech named Smeagol, who specialized in subterranean exploits!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

Let us know what you had to do to purge that muck.
Most of the TMs were written by soldiers mistakes.
This chapter may be interesting.... and yes informative!

Water hose, Engine cleaner, wire brush, brake cleaner, pb blaster, and gasoline.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks