• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker bed differences

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noticed/found some holes/brackets and wondered if anyone knew what they might have been for...

013.jpg012.jpg

Bracket aft of the rear mudflap (metal part) on the underside of the body - would work for full height rubber flaps if there weren't the two piece ones.

015.jpg014.jpg

5 holes per side in the bulkhead either side of the spare tyre bracket inboard of the welding tank holders.

Any ideas - info?

Last edited:

Csm Davis

Yeah I have one that has the lights mounted like that with a cross bar for other lights in between you can see some of it in picture number two in my first post.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It pays to look twice..

Yeah I have one that has the lights mounted like that with a cross bar for other lights in between you can see some of it in picture number two in my first post.
I looked closer at your pic #2, comments in margin....
Jeffs truck.jpg

Not convinced that the chain is for the welding bottles, it works fine for holding the open the locker lid, but I only have one on the same side as Jeff!

Jeffs truck light bar (goal post frame) only uses 2 bolts per side and the bulkhead does not appear to be drilled for the 5 holes like on mine.

No antenna base on mine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a few pics of the M819 bed.

Single boom lift cylinder.

5th wheel plate.

Extra boom extension(manually operated).

Gondola cab.

It has a hydraulic rotary motor for the turn table (unlike the earlier M62)

Same truck as the earlier M246 (gas engine), but has the Cummins NHC-250.

Attachments

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For airfied recoveries (aircraft) I think it was the M127. Narrow 5th wheel, step deck.

(The M816 had a Freuhoff tandem-duel, tilt bed pintle trailer when used by the Australian Army.)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Out of all the pictures I've seen of the m819's and m246's, there were none that showed the trailer hooked up to the wrecker, anyone have pic's of the combo?
Here's my m246m1 with mack motor,everything works!
Where did you get your 246, nice one

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Out of all the pictures I've seen of the m819's and m246's, there were none that showed the trailer hooked up to the wrecker, anyone have pic's of the combo?
Here's my m246m1 with mack motor,everything works!

Click the link in post # 17..