• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Home

Lawrence of Arabia

Before I give details about my recovery, can anyone tell me where to get a TM so I can figure out how to safely use my new wrecker? I cannot acsess them on SS anymore?

Drove 4 hours to recover my new M816 at Wright Patterson today. Got there to find most all tools were still in the truck. Batteries were fried and L/R inner dual was punctured.

Unable to bust inner lugs loose, so I drove it that way and lost a little tread. Jumped truck with another 5 Ton, but no luck. Added cables from my CUCV and some either and got it going.

Drove up to Findlay where I decided to get off for fuel. I pushed in the fuel cable to far and stahled the truck. Now it won't crank. We pulled off to an empty parking lot. Found a heavy truck sales lot where I purchased th 4 batteries, ouch. Installed the batteries and on our way.

53MPH, a few repairs and 7 hours later we were home.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you need to pull a 809 series to start with bad bats, there is a small thumb screw on the fuel shut off solenoid valve on the ip, , turn this in, it will open the shut off valve, then use the emg. shut off to shut it down

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks