• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Home

Lawrence of Arabia

Before I give details about my recovery, can anyone tell me where to get a TM so I can figure out how to safely use my new wrecker? I cannot acsess them on SS anymore?

Drove 4 hours to recover my new M816 at Wright Patterson today. Got there to find most all tools were still in the truck. Batteries were fried and L/R inner dual was punctured.

Unable to bust inner lugs loose, so I drove it that way and lost a little tread. Jumped truck with another 5 Ton, but no luck. Added cables from my CUCV and some either and got it going.

Drove up to Findlay where I decided to get off for fuel. I pushed in the fuel cable to far and stahled the truck. Now it won't crank. We pulled off to an empty parking lot. Found a heavy truck sales lot where I purchased th 4 batteries, ouch. Installed the batteries and on our way.

53MPH, a few repairs and 7 hours later we were home.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you need to pull a 809 series to start with bad bats, there is a small thumb screw on the fuel shut off solenoid valve on the ip, , turn this in, it will open the shut off valve, then use the emg. shut off to shut it down

Last edited: