• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman screwed the pooch

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a good post title for Wreckerman, I was kind of wondering where he got a dog?? Anyway, call Tony he has a hood and grill and possibly a radiator. (Plus a block of wood you could use for a chock)fat lady sings

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was the parking-brake off, after you saw what happened? I have caught my shorts on the p-brake lever handle several times and barely noticed it getting released. Other times I hit the outside of my leg on it and feel that good, but released it also.

Or, is your P-brake simply out of adjustment?

3dAngus

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your recent woes. Wish I had parts to help out.

Going out now to chock up my Deuce, even though on perfectly level ground.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Jim......I'll call Tony tomorrow.....I know he has a butt load of parts over there...got a in tank pump from him a while back.....the radiator is the big issue.....mine is FUBAR unless I have it rebuilt.

Thanks for all the (im)moral support from the peanut gallery.rofl

It's nice to know there are so many enablers out there that will help me keep my addiction going.

rlwm211

If WM is Soldier "A" that makes Elmo Soldier "B".

I would expect that in a situation like this,

Soldier "B" would be responsible for chocking the truck as he has little else to do

since Soldier "A" is the driver/operator.

So how is it that Elmo is not facing the same charges???????

'Possums deserve equal rights and responsibilities!!!!!!!!!!

:deadhorse:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's my "radiator" story Wreckerman...

In 2000 after I got my M1009 back from IL (and after drinking a 12 pack with the little lady), I tell her: "Let's go four-wheeling". She climbs in and I proceed to drive into my field knocking down 1-3" dia trees. My CUCV knocked everything down except for the larger trees which took backing up and charging "at ramming speed"...

All was fine and I was laughing so hard, I could barely see to drive. After coming out of my field, I do a u-turn and go back in the way I came. Came out the other end (starting point) and parked the CUCV to drink a few more. I look over from where I'm sitting and see liquid streaming out under the front. I walked over to the front and discover I pierced the radiator with a piece of tree branch and broke the plastic grill in a couple of places (pieces still in place).

The radiator repair cost me $250.00 for that 10 mins of "fun"...

Moral of the story: don't drive back on trails of knocked down trees AND think about NOT four-wheeling after drinking adult beverages... :p

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Especially without adult supervision.:shock:
You have to have the right adults supervising. I'm sure most of us around here wouldn't qualify.

Sorry to see your crunched Deuce WM. Apply hammer technology to the hood and grill. That and a little paint an it's good as new.

I'm not sayin' nothing about my screwups; the list is long and embarrassing. :doh:

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a good point, if we all started fessin' up we'd be here all night. Glad everything is under control and maybe it would be a good time to paint the whole truck :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks