• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's excellent adventure at Ted's Trucks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Bama Lady and I took a ride to Ted's Trucks and Stuff near Dothan, AL today to pick up the military issue public address systems I bought from GL in OKC a few weeks back.
Ted was nice enough to have them added to a shipment he was having picked up there.
All I can say about his place is WOW......acres of green iron for junkies in all stages of addiction.
Here are some pics. Try not to drool all over the keyboard

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If I ever hit the big lotto I will just write Ted a check and boot him off the place.
I am going to go back with a lunch and make a day of looking all over that place.
Ya gotta love a guy that has a chopper parked in his front yard. (old Russian one)

boomer

Wreckermen,
That place holds up to the name - junk yard. It sounds that your trip there was a good one.
I have wanted to check that place out. But after hearing from other's that have been there, that their deals, were not.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might have to make a road trip - I see some parts I need in those pics.

Look at the HEMTT and PLS units in that yard! Those would be some COOL rides if anyone put them back together.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ted wants big money for that HEMTT if I recall correctly. That may even be that one that bkubu was fixing up before he found the one in his avatar. There should be a HEMTT fueler there somewhere. It was sitting at Tommy's when he was working on my 931A1, but I think it went to Ted's not long after that.

Thanks for the pics Richard.

jrou111

Dang I wish you had told me you were going down there! I could have gotten you to bring me back a drag link, a primary fuel filter canister, and an axle seal set.

Westech

CPL
Every time I see one of the "junk yards" full of old beat to snot rusted stuff, I think to my self.. why not blow that stuff out for a tad over scrap price. I know our "kind" would be all over it and the yard would make some money. But just to let it rot and you know that stuff has been sitting for 10+ years.... just makes no sense to me at all. There is a lot of money there that will just be scraped when its closed or someone passes on.

KsM715

Ive delt with some scrappers like that. Offered double what scrap prices were and no deal. Guys like that think someone will give them $$$ and it just sits for years till it goes in the crusher. :cry:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those kind of "junk yard" dealers need to step back and look at this from another angle. This hobby is just like any other hobby. Something is only valuable if someone else wants it bad enough!!! Considering the amount of time and money it would take to get any of those pieces back in good order, a little over scrap is about all he would ever get for the stuff...a lot of people want what he has, but they don't want it that bad!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks