• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's excellent adventure at Ted's Trucks

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jaxsof, you are right that is a picture of the M977 cargo, the spare tire is where it should be (behind the passenger side of the cab) but there is no spare there

yes the spare is mounted behind the passenger side. and there is a spot for the spare tire. but theres just not a tire currently there.

tm america

Thanks for posting ..He has some awsome stuff.I have only dealt with him a few times. but the stuff was the really hard to find parts and his price was great ..Not sure on the prices of vehicles ..But i see a few i'd like to take offf his hands

wdbtchr

I've bought a few things from Ted and was comrortable with his prices. Maybe what he aught go do is give guided tours to all us droolers, make a few bucks that way.:roll:

tedstrucks

Okay, guys.... I got an email from SS that said there was a little action on this thread, so I logged in to see what's happenin. I don't get on SS very often, just don't have the time. If anyone ever has any questions, just email us, or CALL us at 334-983-1092. Yes, we still do business the old fashioned way... with a telephone.
We really don't let many people cruise the yard. Insurance won't allow it. But, if you look and act like you have a little common sense (and don't mind eastern diamondbacks), we might make an exception.
The command car is $10,000 including a spare rolling frame / running gear. It runs like a sewing machine. It's definitely a project vehicle, but well worth the money.
The helicopter is a Russian Mi-4. It was flown by a Cuban defector to the Miami area in the 60's. It doesn't fly, but it sure looks cool in the front yard of my house. We'll probably put the command car and the copter on ebay soon and see what they'll bring.
Thanks for the kind words from you guys that have bought from us in the past. We try to treat everyone the way we would like to be treated. It's always good to hear that people are happy dealing with us.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Asgar

I bought the M1008 in the avitar pic from Ted about 5 years ago and drove it home to CT in a day and a half. This was a long distance deal and it went fairly smoothly. I wanted no dents, new tires and one color (Wife said...).. Ted assembled the truck, new fuel injector pump and drive shaft. Ted was very good in his dealings with me. The truck ran fine home, needed some belts and tightening of the fuel injector line but otherwise made it ok. Like any surplus, don't expect new, the truck had issues like any other 20yr old truck but I was happy with the deal Ted treated me well, which was pretty good considering I was a kid yankee.

The story of my adventure picking up the truck and getting temp tags from the county office could be a post in itself.

About the avitar pic, I pulled the heads a year ago just to freshen up the motor and deal with some swollen glow plugs. In september I disassembled the bed and repainted the frame and truck, put the camo back on (very unhappy wife), the cab got bedliner, new rubber gaskets and new tail light lenses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks