• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's traveling starvation show

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Today was the day I went up to Redstone to pick up my latest prize....my M927 long bed 5 ton.

I also picked up two other trucks for fellow members Rickycotte (M931) and PCtrans (M928)

Since the M931 has an air leak issue I had to flat tow it back.

I had an early scare when the temp guage pegged out on my truck but after some trouble shooting and a call to CSMdavis (thanks Jeff) I realized the guage was FUBAR and the truck was not getting hot. She pulled the M931 pretty good but still pulled down on hills.

In addition I picked up four of the new 395 radial tires.

My buddy Royce drove the M928 and did a fine job since it had been a while since he drove a big truck....every time I looked back he was following at convoy interval.

All in all a successful recovery and almost no interference from Mr. Murphy.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding WM. You make it sound easy!

:beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool recovery WM. I have thought about putting a mound of dirt out here to do the same thing for loading.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
So did they have that mound at the base for you to drive your little truck up into the big truck? Or did they use a forklift
The mound 'o dirt loading ramp is the bomb.
I suspect that mound is at WM's.
The homeade loading dock is in fact at my LZ.......it used to be a helipad till it eroded.

The loading ramp at Redstone is DA BOMB......two levels, one for reg flatbeds and one for stepdecks. And made out of real concrete.

I need a pic fix....you do have more, don't you WM?
I had the camera with me but the batteries were dead.......I had to wait till I got home and charge them before I took those pics.

I'll post some pics of the trucks parked on line with the other green beasts out in the Motor Pool.

rickycotte

Ok, I am glad you guys had another fun-filled recovery. [thumbzup]

Holy crap! That M927 sure looks huge! (I guess it is because it is huge) :doh:.

Thanks for all your help. I imagine I might be your fartest away recovery customer!! :cool:

More pics will be swell :popcorn:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM:
For a guy who's always whinin':

"I never get nuttin' " (or something similarly "cry-baby-ish")....

I must say... Look who's driving all the COOL TOYS now ! ! ! :jumpin:

My jealous-o-meter is red-lining as I type this. Ya just gotta LUV those long-bed trucks... especially when you realize that you still have extra room even with it "fully loaded".

Congratz on the score. Congratz on the successful recovery AND the "Murphy-Avoidance."
==================================================

I guess FUBAR stands for F**Ked Up Beyond Any Repair?rofl
That would be:

F(ouled) Up Beyond All Recognition

Also see:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/60365-where-did-snafu-come.html

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got up this morning and went out to see the newest fix for my Green Iron addiction.

The beast is huge.....it didn't seem that big parked up at Redstone amongst the M916's and other big vehicles......in my back yard is seems a big as an aircraft carrier (or at least a destroyer).

It also has the turning radious of the Queen Mary.:shock:

I detected a slight air leak under the hood somewhere that I'm attempting to run to ground. The horn doesn't work and neither do the convoy (whoopie) lights.

I was tempted to drive it to Wally-world this morning but the fuel gauge is showing under a quarter tank and I don't trust it farther than I can toss the whole truck.

I'm considering a second mortgage to fill up the tank.

Here are a few more pics for the photo addicted.

Last edited:

rickycotte

Hey ColdWarrior, thanks for the correction :)

WM, I told you it looked huge. Especially with the cargo cover.

Looks like you have a whole GI motorpool there...good fun.

I thank God for all these little things that give us hapiness. Even if it is once in a while. It is good to see us cheerishing this green iron as we were kids. :smile: I am pretty sure that's what we really are at heart.

rickycotte

Tell me, this CTIS is only for the front tires? I don't see how a tire valve would fit on the rears.:shock:

Take good care of my toys. Don't let them get cold at night and give them TLC now and then.:mrgreen:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thread Title - BRAIN GAMES - Finally dawned on me....

OK, Richard!!! You've been playing with my brain and the Title of this Thread :shock:
(Can you feel the gooey gray-matter under your fingernails?!?!?):drool:

I FINALLY figured out where I "knew" that Title from.....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAZq5xIsFTk[/media]
.... I never would have figured you for a Neil Diamond Fan :)

.​