• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckers: Do people buy them for hobby or use?

71DeuceAK

I've always wanted one, and bid on one once, but I'm currently way underfunded for one and way under equipped to handle the maintenance they require. Just filling up that hydraulic tank alone can cost a grand.

Ram1911

What unit?
CO G (FSC, FA) , 113 Support Bn, ISO my old Bn, 1-163 FA, which was a 105mm ARNG Bn at the time. They're composite now, since "Modularity 2.0" came and brought back Btry C as a 155mm T unit in the Infantry BCTs. It's in Evansville, IN. My unit now is in Wackernheim, Germany, USAR. COVID killed all my travel in March. I was literally on the ground one day to do a Schutzenschuerr that was cancelled, when I found out I needed to get on the next thing smoking. BTW, I worked at Hohenfels in 2017, and Graf in 18, on ADOS. Not much cooler than walking past the Tower every day for work.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol those damn cable guys never show up on time.
He most definitely will be really late for the next one.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol those damn cable guys never show up on time.
He most definitely will be really late for the next one.
Out here some redneck in a pickup truck just shows up with a chain and drags them out of the ditch and sends them on their way. I'm one of those rednecks. We don't call a tow truck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Out here some redneck in a pickup truck just shows up with a chain and drags them out of the ditch and sends them on their way. I'm one of those rednecks. We don't call a tow truck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Some places people aren't that helpful. Around Memphis people are afraid they will get shot or robbed by stopping and helping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks